CHAPTER 18

Hey there, loves. An update is here. And it's in Zayn's POV. From now, I'm going to alternate in between their POVs and hope I'm successful with it. 

Trigger warnings: Suicidal thoughts.

Read carefully loves. And know I'm here to talk to u if u need someone.

-----

I'm going crazy why he broke down in the middle of a sidewalk out of nowhere. He told me there's nothing to worry about. But I can't stop thinking that it has got something to do with me. I recall our conversation again and again, there was no emotional talk. We were talking about my father. Did he miss his own father or something? I don't know.

And right now, I'm spooning him. His dad is doing a night shift and we have the house to ourselves. Liam is still awake, and this is the first time he has turned his back to me when we cuddle. He'd always want to be facing me, but not now. And it only makes me feel even more confused.

Feeling a warm body collide me from behind, I look back to see Baymax struggling to get on the bed. I help him up and he jumps past me to curl into Liam's chest.

"You are still worrying" he says and I scoff.

"You wouldn't tell me what it is about" I point out "And I have a feeling it's about me"

I hear him sigh. "Zayn, it's nothing to be worry about. Please stop worrying"

I just scowl to myself. I want to pull back from him and sulk until he tells me. But I don't. Maybe he just needs sometime. Then he will tell me. At least, that's what I tell myself. With a sigh, I rest my cheek against his, and press into his back.

"Will tell you me if you feel like it?"

"Yeah" he says and I sigh again. Baymax peers up at me and I smile before petting his head. Liam is rubbing his back.

"How old is he?" I question curiously.

"I'm not sure" Liam says and I frown at that "But he has been with me for four years"

That....okay.

"Oh" is there some connection I'm missing here?

"Zayn, he is the dog I tried to save" he says and I just gape. Just gape at Baymax. I-I never thought he'd be the dog, I never connected the dots. I try to recall ever seeing Geoff petting this dog, but I have never seen him around Baymax.

"He didn't die in that accident?"

"No, he was cushioned by me during his fall, I think" he says, his voice taking up the emotionless tone. "They thought it was my pet since I tried to save him"

I draw circles behind Baymax's ear, staring at him. I don't know what someone else would have done with him. Considering the series of events after the accident, someone might have abandoned him for acting as a reminder. But Liam. Liam is Liam. He still loves Baymax.

"You never got mad at him?" I murmur.

"No, he is just an animal, Zayn" he reasons. "He didn't mean for it happen, did he? He is innocent. He must have lost his way from his previous owner, and starved in the streets. I'm glad I found him"

I inhale a deeply through my mouth before responding. "You can see he is not at fault, Liam" I say softly. "Similarly, you are not at fault too. You didn't mean for it to happen too. You are innocent and you are human. Human tend to do mistakes"

He remains silent, not responding anything.

"You know I'm right" I tell him. "You have decided to get better, babe. And the first thing is accepting what happened to be an innocent mistake and move on. I'm not telling you to forget it, it's impossible. But you can always accept it and move on. And that's not easy as well, but with time, you can do it. And I will be with you through all of it."