CHAPTER 32

Alright, I know I'm terribly late with an update. Sorry for that,  I got vaccinated and was in bed with fever for last two days :/

Anyway here's an update and hope you guys like it. And it deals with some pretty heavy emotional stuff, depression and breakdown. Read carefully y'all.

And it's in Liam's POV.

-------

It’s still crowded around here. When my dad finally excuses himself from the conversation with Yaser, he hugs me without a word. I close my eyes as I hug him back. I never gave a thought of how my dad would look after all these years, because I didn’t want to add pain to his eyes in my imagination. But these years has worn him out, he looks so weak and tired. And it breaks my heart so badly.

But there is this though. His smile. His smile is still same joyous and teasing. I’m so thankful to see it again.

“I’m proud of you, Liam” he says without pulling back. “I’m sure she would be proud of you too”

I clench my eyes shut tightly. Even if everyone was here for me, it’s my mum that I needed most. Her arms is what I wanted to collapse after getting my diploma. But she is not here with me.

I look up at the sky and I know she might be looking down at me now.

“I know” I nod and pull back. We plan on going out for dinner, literally the whole crowd to celebrate. I’m sure three to four table will be occupied from the restaurant.

“Let me congratulate Harry and others” my dad tells me “You will be good?”

Zayn catches my eyes by my dad’s shoulder and smiles at me.

“Yeah” I answer without looking away from Zayn. I kind of knew he is very handsome and all, but never in a billion did I expect this. He is definition of beauty, literally and he still takes the breath out me at every glance.

It’s his eyes that I love the most about him. Amber in color and his long eyelashes just make them look even pretty. His cheekbones, damn, he can go for modeling and succeed just by smiling in that beautiful way of his. And everything about him is so beautiful that I want to cry. I know Zayn is beautiful person internally, but I realize now that he is beautiful inside and out. I’d brand him as the most beautiful person on the planet and no can even try to deny.

“Hey” he walks over to me after excusing himself from the boys. My father has disappeared and I didn’t notice it before.

“Hi” I smile, literally feeling shy that it’s ridiculous. I just went ahead and snogged him in front of hundreds for fuck’s sake. I look into his eyes and there’s an eye freckle in his eye that just adds a star to his looks. And his hair is styled up in a quiff, his jaw line clean shaved and sculpted.

“How are you feeling?” he questions, taking my hand in his.

“I don’t know” I admit “Happy, really happy. I just wish she was here with us, you know”

He smiles sadly. “She is, Liam. She is always with you”

I nod silently and pull him into my arms. He hugs me close without another word, rubbing my back and swaying us softly.

“The principal thought I pretended to blind all this time” I roll my eyes and I hear him chuckle.

“It must be shocking to everyone” he says, pulling back, but keeps his arms around my waist. “I can never put it in words, babe. I’m so happy for you”

I smile and kiss his cheek. And it’s when I catch her eyes, staring at me in shock. Memories flash across my mind, the sweet and intimate kiss we shared at her door step after our first date. And the walks to the classes with arms around each other and acting like a power couple. We were so young, so innocent but she proved me wrong after the accident.