CHAPTER 25

Hey guys, here is an update! Hope everyone is doing well and if not, hope it makes your day better!

And it's in Zayn's POV.

-----

It keeps repeating in my head, again and again. It makes me worry if we truly lost Liam and there is no way back.

"That happy Liam died with her in the accident"

He sounded so sure and resigned when he said that. I was talking with his father when Liam stormed in blindly. It broke my heart that because of one careless assumption I made, he had to go through a mental breakdown. Of course it'd be so hard and painful for him if he gets his eyesight back but I never realised it until he told me.

I feel incredibly stupid.

I'm trying everything just to distract him, never leaving him alone with his thoughts, but there is only so much I could do.

That weekend, I promised to visit my family. I'm worried of leaving Liam behind, but he insists me to go. I really wanna spend time with my family, but I know there will be a part of me left behind with Liam, and I can never be myself without him. I'm going to be worried sick of him when I'm away for sure.

"Tell them I said hi" he says, giving me a smile. Did he really think I can't see through the façade he is putting up? He doesn't want me to go as well but he is trying to hide it.

"Will do" I nod, already feeling down. "Be careful, okay? I'll be back before you know it"

"Okay" he nods and I sigh before pulling him into my arms. Like usual, I ignore the boys standing few feet away to give us privacy, but Louis is smirking at me. Geoff surprised me by tagging along to send me off and he is now chatting with Jay.

"I'm gonna miss you so much" I say without pulling back and feel Liam's arms tighten around my waist.

"Me too" he mumbles into my shoulder. "But it's okay. Just for a weekend"

I nod in agreement but a weekend is going to feel like a year. Pulling slightly, I kiss him, sighing into the feel.

"I love you" I whisper and kiss him firmly before he can have time to panic over it. He struggles to kiss me back, hands fisting my shirt, his cane digging into my waist and his glasses knocking into my nose.

"Go" he whispers when I pull back. "And tell your family I said Hi"

Kissing his forehead for a last time, I release him reluctantly.

"At last" Louis sighs dramatically and I roll my eyes at him. Giving them all hugs and kiss to Niall, I tell them to take care of Liam. I know they would, but I won't be able to rest without saying that to them. I hug Jay warmly after.

"Tell Trisha I said hi" she says and I nod against her shoulder. I pull back and turn to a smiling Geoff. And I hug him as well.

I leave reluctantly after, throwing glances at Liam by my shoulder until I can't see him anymore.

----

My family welcomes me back warmly with bone crushing hugs. I have been so unfair with them lately. I came and left in a flash on Christmas, I never spend time on face timing them...the list goes on.

Upon my arrival, we have a grand dinner with all of my favourites laid out in front of me. Only thing is, I'm completely full within minutes and I didn't even try half the dishes.

"So, how's Louis?" Doniya asks me when we have settled down in the living room after dinner.

"Fantastic" I tell her. "He is having so much fun at annoying me 24/7"