CHAPTER 23

Hey guys, an update is here. And I was just notified that I have my sem exams in four days😑

And you guys must be expecting Liam's POV. Sorry. But Zayn's POV was much needed and the next chapter would be Liam's. 😁

-----

Zayn's POV:

My birthday is around the weekend, and I wonder if the boys have planned something. Louis is shit at keeping things from me, so from what I have seen, they still haven't planned anything, yet.

No matter what, it's all same old shit every year, even if we party together. This time though, I will have love of my life by my side while I celebrate.

"Is your parents flying over tomorrow for your birthday?" Liam asks me that evening. I just accompanied him to a walk by the park.

"I don't know" I sigh "They want to, but both of them are stuck in work. They'd promised to send their gifts and money check for me. But it's nothing like seeing them in person"

He nods and squeezes my hand. We decide to have dinner out together, as I have my wallet with me. He quizzes me about how I celebrated my previous birthdays when I feed him. Most of the celebrations include Louis being crazy and stupid with me and I tell him that.

When we return back, I smirk to myself when I see the boys have come over for a sleep over. Maybe they have planned something for me. I should be ready to be awaken rudely by midnight.

I go to sleep with Liam in my arms, my face snuggled into his neck and his arms around my shoulder. Like I predicted, Liam shakes me awake in middle of night. I can't help but grumble, because I love my sleep.

"Zaynie, wake up" he shakes my shoulder again.

"What, Liam?" my eyelids are so heavy.

"Wake up, please"

With a tired sigh, I blink open my eyes. "I'm up" I yawn.

"Happy birthday, baby" he grins brightly, putting the moon to shame. I chuckle, glad that he stayed up to wish me.

"Thank you, Liam" I say, grinning back and press a soft kiss to his lips.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZAYNIE!" it was a whisper yell, but it still makes me jump. I look over to see three flashlights focused on three faces, and it's extremely scary.

"Guys, turn it off" I tell them "That's scary"

"Hey, you are supposed to thank us" Niall points out but turns off the flashlight nonetheless. And without my permission, they crawl into the bed. I hope it doesn't break from bearing five boys. I must admit, I expected at least one gift. But no? Fine. At least they didn't forget about my birthday.

----

I wake up to something poking at my face. Upon close inspection, I realise that it's Louis' fingers as his arm is throw around my neck and palm flat on my face. And a leg is thrown over me, and it's Niall's leg. I'm squeezed in between them. Liam is rudely ripped away from me on my birthday. I was hoping I'd wake up to his angelic face, instead I wake up to tiny fingers poking into my eyes.

Grumbling to myself, I untangle myself from them and leave to take a shower. Thankfully, today is a holiday, so I can take a nap with Liam peacefully without having rude fingers to wake me up.

It's only when I'm reaching for my brush amongst two others do I see the sticky note stuck to the stand.

Brush your teeth later, you have things to find ;)