CHAPTER 17

Hey loves, I have two surprises for you. One is a surprise update, obviously and this chapter is written in Liam's POV. Yay! 🥳

I have tried my best at writing a different POV, to differentiate it from Zayn's POV and please tell me if I was successful in it. And don't fail to give your opinions. 

And here we go!

-----

I can feel Zayn breathing softly beside me, his arm wrapped around my shoulder and tucking me to his side. He never failed to pull me into his embrace when he sits beside me, and I have caught myself hoping he'd sit beside me. His free hand is holding my own, his thin thumb running along my knuckles. Half the time, he is not aware of these touches and it has become a thing in between us. I'm not going to point it out and ruin it all.

"Louis, for fuck's sake" I hear him curse, annoyed and it makes me smile. Louis is one talkative, loud and naughty kid but I felt the brotherly love they both share, seeing through each other through one look, one word and never failing to check upon each other. "I didn't buy those guns for you to fire water at me. If you even dare to do it, again, I swear to god, I will break them"

Something I absolutely love about Zayn, his voice. I don't know if I have ever told him that, but just hearing his voice close makes me relax, feel warm and I can just spend rest of my life listening to his angelic, soothing voice. It's soft around me, spoken with care and love. But right now, he is completely annoyed with Louis' antics.

"You should have thought twice at buying me this device" I hear Louis respond "Don't tell me not to eat after handing me chicken nuggets"

I can practically hear Zayn's eye roll.

"Babe" I hear Harry say, his voice fond than annoyed. "Come on, sit down here. And throw that water gun away"

"No, it's going to come to my grave with me" Louis announces "I'm in love with it. Thank you, Zaynie"

I chuckle to myself when I feel eyes on us.

"You just had to make our lives even more miserable, Zayn" Niall grumbles, and I hear him yelp the next second. "Tommo! If you don't fucking put that gun away this instance, I will fucking rip your head and feed it to fucking pigs"

I wince at the string of curses and feel Zayn rub my arm, scolding Niall. He treats me like a baby all the time and Harry has so much fun teasing me about it. I'm just glad he doesn't do it in front of Zayn.

"Then tell him to stop shooting water at me!" Niall exclaims, completely annoyed.

"Nobody can stop this mighty Louis! It's time for the mighty Louis to rule the world!" Louis exclaims back proudly. But I hear him gasp "Harold, give that back to me this instant!"

"Niall put this away"

"Harold! Nialler! Give my baby back to me"

I snicker to myself, imagining Harry's annoyed face at that. Well, young Harry's face. I have no idea how much he has changed physically in last four years. His voice has got deeper, and raspier. I have felt his face few times, and his baby fat is gone, replaced by sharp jaw and cheekbones. But other than that, my imagination only helps so much.

"If anyone is your baby that would be me" I hear Harry tell Louis sternly "Do you get that?"

"Very possessive Harry" Zayn responds, smirk lacing his voice. "Jealous of a water gun, huh?"

"Shut it, Zayn" Harry mutters and I feel Zayn laugh into my shoulder, his warm breath washing over my skin and giving me goose bumps. "I remember you being jealous of a teddy bear"