CHAPTER 34

So, this is gonna be last chapter in this story and it's in Zayn's POV.
--------

I stare out of the window silently, holding Liam close and trying not to cry. He is fast asleep on my lap, his head resting on my shoulder and fingers curled into my chest. He is just in his boxers, just like I am. I should be exhausted from a night filled with intimate moments, but I know, within few hours, I won't have him in my arms anymore. I want to cherish it all before I leave.

I pull the duvet more secure around us and I hear him sigh in his sleep, his breath washing over my collarbone and hair ticking my face. I close my eyes and rest my cheek against his forehead, missing him already even if he is in my arms.

A tear escape my eye without my consent and he stirs awake when he feels the wetness. I watch as he blinks out of his sleep and clear brown eyes focus on me and soften.

"Hey" His hand on my chest come up to cup my cheek softly "Zaynie, what's wrong?"

"I miss you already, Liam" I whisper "I don't want to go."

"Zayn" he sighs, rubbing his thumb by my cheekbone "It's gonna be okay. We will get through it, trust me"

I know we will. But it's not easy. It's going to be hard than anything neither of us has faced.

I don't respond to him. Instead I curl my hands around him to pull him closer and bury my face into his throat. I breathe in his scent and close my eyes. I'm gonna miss this so much. Having him in my arms, feeling his weight on my lap and his hair tickling my skin. This warm embrace in odd hours, stolen moments amidst of sleep, Jesus I'm going to miss it all.

He scratches my scalp with his fingers, and kisses my head.

"You should know that every minute I'm away, all I'd be thinking about is you" I tell him without pulling back "Every minute, every second, I'd be missing you"

"I know" he whispers, pressing another kiss to my temple. "I know, baby"

"I wish this four years pass by soon, but its four years Liam" I shake my head, feeling my eyes get moist "It's not going to be easy"

"I never said that, Zayn" he says "It's going to be hard, but I can't let you ruin a good opportunity you are getting because of me. I will miss you too, so badly. But it will be worth it in the end"

"Promise me you will never drift apart from me"

He pulls back to look at me in offence and hurt "Do you think it's even possible for me to live without you?"

"Yet you are sending me away"

"Because I know you'd return back to me eventually" he says firmly "I can never-I can't...I can't believe you said that"

"People change-"

"And do you think I would?"

"I just want you to promise" I tell him softly "For the sake of my sanity, Liam."

"Fine" he mutters "I promise"

I nod silently at that. "I'm sorry if I hurt you"

He just scoffs and his face softens as if some thought hits him. "Take care, okay? Harry tends to shut everyone out when he feels down. Just sit with him silently for a while and he will seek for your comfort eventually and open up to you. He doesn't like it when you touch his things, and hates it when people won't wash their mugs after having drinks"

"Okay" I blink "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because you are going to live with him for next four years" he says, looking at me weirdly "Did you forget?"