CHAPTER 29

Here's an update guys. And note that it's in Zayn's POV.

And thank u all for the amazing comments in my one shots. I really appreciate it❤️
-------

I'm distracted when I hear the phone buzz on the bedside table. I reach over to grab it to find out its Liam calling me. Just thinking about him brings a smile to my lips and warm, intimate memories cloud my mind. Still smiling like an idiot and ignoring the smirks Louis and Niall are throwing me, I answer the call.

"Hey babe" I answer and my smile falls when I realize he doesn't sound as excited as I sound.

"Hey" Comes his weak and soft reply. And without doubt, I know he's been crying. "Can you come over?"

"Now?" I glance at the alarm clock and it's going to be eight soon, past dinner time. But then I realize he had his therapy session today and it wasn't pleasant, I guess.

"Yeah, please?" he requests with a small voice.

"Okay" I nod to myself "I'll be there in twenty"

After he hangs up, I look at my friends. I was giving Niall a guitar lesson while Louis just bitched about everything he can think of when Liam called.

"Liam wants me to come over" I tell them.

"Ow, so soon?" Louis smirks and wriggles his eyebrows "Think you can ride him, Zaynie?"

I deadpan at him blankly "He had his therapy session today, Louis."

"Oh" his smirk vanishes and he turns a bit guilty "Sorry, mate"

"Its fine" I wave him off, standing up to grab my jacket. After shrugging it on, I pack my books for school tomorrow and Louis comes to drop me off. Niall and he will spend the night watching movies without fail.

Knocking on Liam's door, Geoff is not surprised at finding me. He just greets me and welcomes me inside. After few words with Geoff and few greeting head-pets to Baymax, I make my way to Liam's room and find him cuddling with the big teddy bear. The scar on his chin is pretty visible from this angle, he got the scar when he found out his father told me about the surgery.

"Hey" I say softly, shrugging off my jacket. He immediately perks up at my voice and sits up. I embrace him in my arms, rubbing his back comfortingly.

"What's wrong, Jaan?" I question softly.

"I want to ask you something" he shifts uncomfortably. It's been three days since we did it, but he still feels uncomfortable down there.

"Okay...?"

"And you should answer honestly." He conditions and I hum in agreement. He abandons teddy and crawls onto my lap like he usually does. I dip my hands under his sweat shirt and rub his back comfortingly.

"Let's say" he starts slowly, his hands around my shoulders and toying with my hair. "That I wasn't in the accident"

Oh

"And Harry was on it instead of me" he continues shakily "Like, he was the one to pick Baymax up and cause the accident. My mum dies, and the other two dies as well. I don't know if Harry's blind or not, but I want you to tell me how would I have reacted in either of the cases"

I don't know why this kind of question popped up, but from the way he looks in verge of tears and breakdown, I'm worried. Maybe this is what they talked about in the session today. About the accident.

"I think" I rub circles into his waist, watching his face closely "That you would have been very depressed over your loss. And, yeah, you would have been mad at Harry for a while. You are human too, baby, so that's expected. But after some time, I'm pretty sure you'd take him back. Because all of us know it was an innocent mistake. It wasn't his fault"