CHAPTER 30

Woah, continuous updates for days👀. And quite long chapter, 7K. Enjoy.

-------

Liam's POV:

The days pass by in a blur of recounting memories and preparing myself for the worst and hoping for the best. The boys never fail to remind me to take my medications, and they have been trying to be even more annoying lately to distract myself from my thoughts.

And Zayn has been even lovely with me, never failing to kiss me whenever he gets a chance or cuddle me when we are together. Things has been going pretty smooth and I'm glad.

My dad has been talking about mum and listening to him talking about her is really strange experience. I realise I have forgotten many incidents until he reminded me off them. I find myself tracing the patterns of my mum's frame, knowing I may get to see it soon.

A part of me is worried sick, another part of me is really excited to see Zayn at last. Of course, Louis and Niall too. But Zayn especially, because I have been dreaming of seeing him ever since I met him.

I'm scheduled with an appointment once two weeks, and it makes my heart race whenever the doctor says there's been improvement. Upon my compulsion, Zayn tells me if there is any change in my eyes. There isn't any, I know. But I feel weird at the possibility of seeing again. I'm scared, to be honest. Not just of this place, but generally of seeing again.

But Zayn.....

Bless him.

He is always there. In a moment of panic, he will be there to calm me down. He's always taking care of me, looking out for me and I know I wouldn't survive this without him. And right now, that's what he is doing. Rambling about a trip he went with his family and Louis' family three summers ago. I'm not following the story, because he is rambling, but it does help to distract myself with his voice.

Yaser called me a few days ago, demanding in his usual authoritative voice about how I'm doing. It made me jump and smile at the same time. Apparently, Zayn told them about the surgery because Yaser spends half an hour talking to my dad about it.

"You are not listening. What ice cream did Louis force me to try during the trip?" Zayn questions and I smile sheepishly.

"Vanilla?"

"No, it's mint chocolate" he says flatly "Seriously, what are you thinking about?"

"I'm thinking about recent events" I tell him "About how everything's going pretty good"

"No offence, but please shut up" I hear him mutter "Don't say that. Because I feel like something bad will happen soon"

He is right though.

"Sorry" I say, snuggling close to his side and he pulls me closer, pressing a kiss to my cheek. "You have been very affectionate lately"

"Maybe"

"Why is that?"

"Because Liam Payne, it feels like I love you more and more as the days pass by" he says "And I wonder if there is a stopping point. If I imagine myself in a place where I don't love you anymore, it feels so weird and impossible. I'm that crazy about you and I'm not ashamed to admit it. If someone tears open my chest and sees what's inside, it will be my undying love for Liam, glowing like a fucking star"

"No, there would be organs, human organs, you sap" I chuckle, hitting his chest "But seriously, is this the reason?"

"Yes" he insists "One morning I woke up and I'm like, wow, Liam Payne is so amazing and he is my freaking boyfriend. How crazy is that? Like, he is my boyfriend, completely mine, loves me, and adores me and all. And I'm finding it hard to believe it."