CHAPTER 16

Hey guys, I know I'm supposed to update yesterday. But shitpad logged me out and claimed I don't exist🙄. I had to uninstall and re-install plenty of times and finally my brother helped me out. And thankfully, I didn't lose my account.

And thank you all for the positive response and support for my short story. I may not have replied, (Bcoz of shitpad) but I truly appreciate it❤️

Without further ado, here we go. 

------

I have returned from Niall's, to find both Louis and Harry asleep in Louis' room. I'm sitting on my bed, trying not to go crazy when it happens. My phone rings and I reach for it, frowning when I see it's an unrecognizable number. I answer it slowly and hear rapid breathing on the other side.

"Hello?"

"You should check all the school bathrooms" I hear the girl say and I frown blankly, the voice actually familiar to me.

"Excuse me, what?"

"Find him before it's too late" and then she hangs up. I try calling the same number again, but it goes straight to voicemail.

Check all the bathrooms? What is she saying? Who was it? Or rather, is it who I think it is?

I call Claret Chambers immediately, not caring if it's late at night.

"Mr. Malik" she answers crisply. I tell her about what happened and the gut feeling I'm having.

"The last place he was spotted was at the school entrance" I tell her "And do you think he might be still in school?"

"It can be a fraudulent call done to distract us" she says "And his phone was found miles away from the school"

I purse my lips and close my eyes.

"It wouldn't hurt to search the school" I say, plead actually. "I really have a strong feeling about this"

"You were the one to tell me he left school that evening" she points out.

"Yeah, but what if he went back inside?" I argue.

"Why would he?"

"I don't know" I shake my head, sighing. "Besides, the girl who called me, she sounded really desperate"

"We can't do this just because of some fraudulent call-"

"Ray searched a damn lake for a dead body even though every one of us knew there is nothing in it" I lash out "But I have a very strong feeling he is in there somewhere and you won't search the school? Doesn't it fit? There is no proof of him leaving the town, and no traces of him anywhere else."

"What if he was kidnapped at school's entrance?"

"Someone must have witnessed it" I say "But we got no notices like that"

"How are sure that it might be school bathroom?"

"Because that's the last place he was spotted, damn it! The school!" I exclaim, completely losing it. "Fine, we will go with your theory of kidnapping. But that's after we make sure he isn't the school. It has been holidays for last few days and nobody went to school, so nobody must have found him"

"You think he is stuck in there?"

"I'm not sure" I let out a breath. "But please. Giving it one try won't hurt"

"Fine"

----

Like I guessed, Liam was indeed locked up in the school's men bathroom. I felt relief flood me so hard that it felt like a shock went through me. Claret left for the search right after my call and after one hour of search, they have found him unconscious on the locked bathroom floor. Nobody knows how his phone ended up in the lake, or how he was locked inside but all I can think about is, he is okay, he is not kidnapped and he is alive.