2

Avenger's pov:

"You guys need to leave, they're here because of you" Fury called

The city was under attack.

Hydra had gotten wind that the Avenger's compound was in a city somewhere in upstate New York and now Hydra agents were storming every part of the city. More and More of the Avenger's enemies were showing up every minute putting more innocent people at risk. The Avengers weren't sure why they were attacking this time but it seemed they always had some kind of motive.

"Where are we supposed to go? They're gonna follow us anywhere" Called Tony as he blasted the nearest agent.

"I know a place, get to the jet" Fury called back.

Fury, Tony, Steve, Bruce, Nat, Clint, Wanda, Pietro, Sam, and Bucky were all sitting in the jet on their way to a place only Fury knew about. They had been silent for the past half hour but now they were more curious about where they were going.

Where could they go that the agents wouldn't follow them?

"Where are we going director?" Steve asked for the third time.

"I already told you, somewhere safe"

"Mind being a little more descriptive?" asked Tony, who was very annoyed at the little information Fury had given them.

Fury sighed, they were all being too nosy.

"I have a friend, he runs a school," He said vaguely and the Avengers all stared at him.

"We can't go to a school, we'll put all the kids at risk!" Clint shouted and they all agreed.

Fury sighed again.

"It's not a normal school. The kids there are... different"

"Different how?" Asked Nat

Fury, however, just remained silent, he wasn't sure exactly how he was supposed to explain it...

"What's the school even called?" Asked Steve

"Kennedy, school for gifted young ones"

"Is it like a preschool, elementary school, middle school, or high school?" Asked Sam

"All four" Fury told them and they all gave him looks of confusement.

"How can it be all four?" asked Pietro

"Just wait until we get there, would you?!" Fury was annoyed, "I don't get paid enough to do this," he muttered under his breath.

A few hours later, the jet was flying across open land, there wasn't a building in sight for miles and miles. It was just hills covered in grass. Finally, a very large building came into view.

"Is that the school?" Asked Bruce, he had never even heard of this place.

"That's the one, when we get there stay on the jet for a little while I talk to the headmaster"

"Headmaster? Don't people use the word principle nowadays?" asked Bucky.

Fury just shook his head and opened the door to the jet once it landed.

It was about ten minutes that the Avengers were left on the jet until Fury walked out of the building with another man behind him. The man had brown hair with white wisps and a small beard. He was wearing a very fancy suit and tie and was holding a cane, although he seemed to be walking perfectly fine.

The Avengers stepped out of the jet, waiting for Fury to introduce them.

"This is headmaster kennedy-" Fury began but was cut off at once

"Please, call me Adrien" They all nodded.

"This is headmaster Adrien, he has agreed to let you guys stay here until SHIELD is able to clean up the mess with Hydra. He is your host, don't do anything stupid." With that Fury walked right into the jet and closed the door.

They all watched as the jet lifted into the sky and flew away.

"So this is a school?" Asked Bruce, bringing their attention back to the headmaster.

"Yes, Kennedy is a school for children of all ages"

"So like a boarding school? Seeing as it's in the middle of nowhere" Asked Tony and Adrien nodded.

"If you would follow me, I'll show you around."

They all followed him into the building and they began the tour. They were surprised at how empty the building was, considering its size. The only people they saw were a few maids walking from place to place, cleaning. They also met the cooks in the kitchen.

Where were the actual students? As if reading their minds Adrien began talking,

"The children are in training at the moment, you'll have a chance to meet them later, don't worry," he said as they passed the room with a swimming pool. Pietro made a mental note to come back to this one.

"Training?" Asked Sam "What kind of training?"
"Fight training, of course."

They soon reached a very large room. They all stood at the doorway and watched. There were two people in the room, both looked around the age of eighteen. The girl had short blonde hair that had been put into a low ponytail, she was wearing sport shorts and a pink tank top. The boy had jet black hair and was wearing an athletic shirt with soccer shorts. They each had what looked to be a sword in hand and were fighting very impressively.

Suddenly there were two of the boy.

Steve shut his eyes hard and opened them again, to make sure he was seeing this properly. The boy was both in front of the girl, fighting her with a sword, and also behind her. Then Steve understood, he leaned over to Adrien.

"Mutants?" He asked and the headmaster nodded. So that was what Fury meant by "young and gifted."

The version of the boy that was behind the girl jumped forward and pinned her to the ground. After a few moments of the girl struggling, she tapped his arm and he let go.

"That's cheating Austin!" She yelled at him but he had noticed the people at the door.

"Austin, Amber, these are the Avengers. They'll be staying with us for a while, please show them to the guest bedrooms where they can make themselves comfortable before dinner."

Amber was leading Nat, Clint, Tony, and Bruce down a hallway. None of them had said anything to each other after the initial greeting and it was rather awkward.

"So, are you a mutant too?" Asked Tony.

Rather than responding, Amber put out her hand which started turning purple, Clint jumped back and she quickly stopped.

"Shapeshifting?" he asked her cautiously, and she nodded.

He now felt guilty about jumping back, "It's cool" He said, in the hopes of making her feel better.

She gave him a small smile before pointing to four rooms ahead of them.

"These are for you, you can decide who gets which one. I'll call you for dinner in a few hours."

Austin was leading Steve, Sam, Bucky, Wanda, and Pietro down a hallway. They too hadn't spoken a word to each other.

"So how many of you are there?" Asked Steve.

"There's eight of us here at this school" Austin responded, seeming bored.

"And are all you-"

"Mutants? Yeah we are... well kinda"

"Kinda?" Asked Wanda and he shrugged.

"You'll see at dinner, these are your rooms. Just call if you need anything." 

A/N: 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 

To anyone who has a birthday around this time 

Or HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY 

To anyone who has a birthday later in the year