55

10 years later...

"Hayden, go wake your mother for dinner" Pietro called from the kitchen. 

"But dad she's sleeping!" Hayden called back from her spot on the couch. Pietro walking into the living room with his hands on his hips, the "kiss the chef" apron hanging loosely around his neck. 

"We both know your mom, she's gonna be hungry" Pietro reminded the younger girl. 

Hayden was four years old. She had dirty blonde hair with big blue eyes. She was coloring in her notebook, crayons rolling off the table right onto the floor. She looked up at him and frowned, tilting her head to the side. The same motion Pietro had seen countless times on the sleeping beauty in the other room.  

With a sigh, Pietro walked forward and ruffled the hair of the young girl. She scoffed and copied his movements by beckoning him to crouch down so she could ruffle his hair back. 

Chuckling, Pietro carefully walked into the bedroom, not wanting to disturb the quiet.  

And there she was. 

His princess. 

Her hair was shorter now, only going slightly past her shoulders. She was sleeping peacefully on his side of the bed. Pietro rolled his eyes, knowing that she preferred his side over her own even though he had asked her countless times whether she wanted to switch sides. She declined each time, instead choosing to roll to his side when he wasn't there. 

Taking a seat at the very edge of the bed, Pietro gently ran a hand through her hair stopping at her shoulders. He gave a small shake but all that happened was Raven moving her head in the other direction.

"Raven dinner's ready," he said softly, running his thumb over her cheek. 

She leaned into his touch, moving her head back in his direction as he pulled his hand back. Her eyes opened just a fraction of an inch, just enough to eye his outfit. 

Seeing the apron, Raven opened her eyes all the way, enjoying the smell of food that flew through the air all the way from the kitchen. 

"Hayden wanted cookies for dessert" Pietro explained, knowing that his daughter had gotten her obsession over chocolate chip cookies from the women in front of him. 

Raven smiled, "and what's the actual dinner?" she asked, the smell was amazing but it was unfamiliar. Pietro shrugged, holding a hand out to help her out of bed.

Raven yawned and took his hand. He pulled her out of bed and spun her around, dipping her as her hands clutched onto the neckline of his shirt to stabilize herself. 

Giggling, Raven shook her head at the fact that still, to this very day, Pietro never let her forget that she was the most important thing in the world. He grinned and swooped down to plant a kiss, first on her forehead, then on her lips, then lifting her up so she was standing straight. 

"Mommy! Mommy look!" Hayden came running into the room, her small legs working as fast as they could to reach her parents. She held out a picture she had drawn, Raven lifted it up to get a better look. 

In the picture, Raven and holding Pietro's hand in front of a large building Raven guessed was the Avenger's tower. Hayden was also in the picture, holding Wanda's hand. They were all stick figures of course but still, Raven thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world. 

"wow, did you draw this?" Raven asked, Hayden, nodded her head proudly as Raven dropped her grip on Pietro's shirt to lift Hayden into her arms. 

Hayden giggled as Raven spun them around before walking into the kitchen with Pietro following closely behind. 

Hayden was set down in her booster seat as Pietro began placing food onto three plates. Raven glanced up when his phone started ringing. 

He glanced back at her before bringing it up to his ears. Although Raven no longer had super hearing and couldn't hear what the person on the other end of the line was saying, she had a feeling she knew what it was about by the way his face became serious. 

"Avengers?" Raven guessed as Pietro hung up the phone and placed it back in his pocket. 

Raven hadn't joined the Avengers. After she became human, she realized she could have so much more of a normal life outside of fighting. She still had fight training with Nat on some weekends. But other than that, she wasn't involved with saving the world. 

Pietro however, was still an Avenger. 

"Stark needs me for something, I can tell him I'm busy-"

Raven shook her head, understanding that he was needed. "Go to them, we'll be fine" she assured him, patting Hayden's head as she messily brought food up to her mouth with her hands. 

Pietro looked at her for a moment before nodding and grabbing his keys off the counter. He leaned down to kiss Raven once more before placing another kiss onto Hayden's head. Hayden paid them no attention seeing as her food was more important at the moment.

"be careful" Raven reminded him as he walked to the front door. 

"Always am" he winked at her, opening the door. 

"And tell Wanda we miss her" Raven called out as Pietro closed the door behind him, not before sending her a thumbs up. 

Raven looked back down at her daughter whose face was covered in food. She laughed, bringing a napkin up to Hayden's face to try and get some off. 

She had the best family in the world.

This was her life now. 

And she loved it. 

The End. 

A/N: wow...

So this book is over now. 

Thank you all so much for reading it, seriously it means so much to me. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. 

If you liked this story, make sure you check out my other one called Emerald Assassin. 

Regarding my next story, I'll post more details later but for now, just know that there WILL be another one and I'm so excited. 

Again I'll post specifics later but I'll probably start posting it sometime in the next week. I'm so excited to share it with you because personally, it's one of my favorite ones that I've ever written. 

Thank you all for the amazing support I've received both on this story and my last one!

 I hope both sides of your pillow are cold :)