41

Raven's pov:

Raven had her earbuds in. It was currently five in the morning, Raven hadn't been able to sleep so instead she decided to punch something. She was now standing in the training room trying to get all her anger and frustrations out but it didn't seem to be working.

"You killed her!" He shouted.

"No, I didn't" She shook her head. "I wouldn't kill her, you have to believe me"

"Well, I don't. I don't believe a word coming out of your goddamn mouth!"

The punching bag split open, sand started pouring onto the floor.

"I didn't kill Olivia-"

"Don't you dare say her name!" Hadeon threw the knife right at her. Raven caught it when it was two inches away from her face.

Raven paid no attention to the sand on her shoes, instead, she just took off the broken punching bag and put up a new one.

"She was my sister! Olivia was my sister. You said it yourself, we look alike."

"Your sister" He actually laughed at this.

This punching bag too, split open in a matter of punches.

"Olivia was my sister" she breathed out.

"Olivia's sister is dead"

"That's what she thought, that's what I compelled her to think-"

"Stop lying!" He hissed.

Raven grew irritated with the punching bag and instead moved to weights

"you let her suffer for five years thinking you were dead"

She picked up a hundred-pound weight in each hand and began curling them upwards.

"You're scared of yourself so you just decide to erase yourself from her life. Let her restart thinking her entire family was dead?!"

One hundred wasn't enough, she moved onto three hundred pound weights, sweat starting forming on her forehead.

"Do you think your parents would be proud of you Raven?"

This was all wrong, the three hundred pound weights weren't doing it either, she picked up the five hundred pound weights and began working with those.

"Do you think Olivia would be proud of you? You became a vampire and decided to hide out in that fancy school of yours, helping the Avengers, kidnapping me for something that didn't even involve you. If you had just left it alone I could've been there to protect her. To protect her from you!"

Raven threw the weights at the far wall in frustration. She turned to the treadmill, maybe some running would do the trick.

Raven couldn't breathe. It felt the blood rushing up to her throat. Hadeon's grip on both her heart and her throat was too strong to be moved away. Funny how she had spent the last few years convincing herself to do something when she finally does it... it all backfires on her.

The handle of the treadmill tore off because of the extremely strong grip Raven had been holding it with.

Fire.

Hadeon's entire body was engulfed by fire.

Raven was trying her best to push his burning body off of her. Her entire body was screaming in pain from how close the flames were, she couldn't even imagine what Hadeon was feeling.

Screw it, Raven turned to the shelf holding the assortment of weapons.

She was left to watch helplessly as his body stopped moving.

With one strong pull, the whole shelf came crashing to the ground.

She had killed him.

Raven had killed her brother-in-law.

The man her sister had loved.

On her birthday of all days.

Raven grabbed one of the handguns off the floor and switched the safety off, she pointed it at the targets placed in various places around the room.

"you let her suffer for five years thinking you were dead"

Shot...bullseye

"Do you think your parents would be proud of you Raven?"

Shot...bullseye

"Do you think Olivia would be proud of you?"

Shot-

Raven froze just as her finger went to press the trigger. She was pointing her gun right at Bucky who had just walked in.

They stared at each other for a moment, Bucky looked surprised since Raven had just been about to shoot him. Raven took her earbuds out of her ears, taking a few deep breaths as she did so.

"Sorry I just wanted to-" Bucky pointed toward the punching bags that hadn't yet been ripped apart. Raven saw his eyes wander from the broken treadmill to the weights which had created a dent in the wall, to the shelf laying on the floor, to the weapons scattered in every direction.

"It's fine," Raven said, slightly out of breath. "I was just finishing up here anyways"

She wrapped up her earbuds and placed them in the pocket of her leggings. She then walked over to the wall where her water bottle was muttering "sorry about the mess" before she took a sip. She started walking towards the exit before Bucky called out,

"Raven are you okay-"

Raven was already out the door.