48

Raven's pov:

The jet had finally touched down at the school. Raven super-sped right up to the front door.

She put in the passcode on the touchpad and the door opened to let her in.

She walked in, looking up and down the hallway. Nothing seemed out of place, everything seemed normal.

Raven sped right up to Amber's bedroom door and knocked repeatedly.

No response.

She pushed the handle open, the door almost flew off the hinges at the force.

The room was empty, the bed wasn't made. Almost as if Amber had left in a rush.

Next Raven rushed to Austin's room.

Also empty.

Luca?

Empty...

Tess and Tyler?

Empty...

Sasha?

Empty...

Even Micheal's room was empty.

Where the hell was everyone?!

Raven was walking down the hallways, trying to find someone, anyone, who could tell her what was going on.

She suddenly felt a pair of eyes watching her. She quickly turned her head, hoping it would be one of the mutants. But nobody was there...

Raven was probably just being paranoid.

She kept walking but stopped again a few seconds later.

She was so sure that somebody was watching her.

She felt something flying in her direction and quickly put out her hand and caught the...tranquilizer dart???

What the hell?!

Raven spun around just as a few more darts flew in her direction, Raven wasn't even sure where they were coming from.

She caught the darts with one hand. She felt something else flying to her left so she put out her left hand to catch whatever it was.

She felt a stabbing pain in her left hand and looked down to see blood, a lot of it.

There was a dagger embedded into her left hand.

Oh crap...

Raven ripped out the dagger just as footsteps made themselves known behind her.

She turned around to see at least 12 fully grown men running at her. Where they came from, Raven had no idea.

They didn't look very friendly so Raven slid her foot back ready for the attack. Before the men even got to her she felt a gun pointed at the back of her head. Apparently, somebody had sneaked behind her while she was distracted. Raven was much faster than these men however, she reached her hand back and grabbed the arm of the man pointing the gun at her with incredible speed. She flipped him over and brought him crashing on the ground in front of her.

The men running at her all pulled out their guns and pointed them at her. Raven didn't have to turn her head to know that more guns were being pointed from every direction.

Well... at least she knew she wasn't being paranoid.

Pietro's jet touched down next to Raven's. He sped right up to the door only to find that it was already open. He would have to talk to her about leaving the door open but first, he had to make sure she was okay.

He sped down the hallways of the school, after all the times he'd come to visit Raven he had become pretty familiar with the place. He first checked her room only to find it empty. He then checked Amber's only to find that it was also empty.

Finally, he turned into a hallway to find that there was a fight going on at the end of the hall. He sped forward and pushed some random guy away who was about to attack Raven. Raven was busy fighting some other guy who was throwing punches left and right. Raven managed to get an arm around his neck and flicked a vain, causing him to pass out. Raven turned to see Pietro standing there and she let out a relieved smile, for a second she had thought he was another one of the random men.

Pietro wasn't as okay with what had happened. He looked at her sternly, assessing her for injuries. It seemed that if she had received any injuries, they had already healed.

"Why would you come here alone Raven?!" He said sternly, his accent more noticeable than usual.

"This is my home, Pietro. Is there a problem coming back home?" She asked. Her smile had faded to be replaced with raised eyebrows and arms crossed in front of her chest.

"Adrien didn't want you to come back, he said it wasn't safe" Pietro rambled, looking down at the men laying around them.

Raven froze when she heard those words.

"You knew too?" She asked quietly.

It took Pietro a few seconds to realize what he had said and then he looked at her, she was wearing a look of shock and betrayal.

"You didn't tell me?" she asked, she didn't actually want the answer to that question because she knew what it would be. Why else would he be here?

"You didn't tell me that they were in trouble?"

"Raven, it was to protect you. He said it wasn't safe, he said it was-"

"They're my family Pietro! My only family. And I asked you if I was being paranoid and you knew- you knew- oh God" Raven turned her back to him, running a hand through the ends of her hair in frustration.

"He didn't want you to get involved," Pietro said sadly, his hands dropping to his sides in defeat. He shouldn't have lied to her, he knew that.

"My family, I need to help them," Raven said, getting herself together again before turning back around to face him.

"Where are they?" She asked, all kindness erased from her face.

"I don't know," Pietro admitted.

Raven sped forward and pushed him against the wall.

"Where the hell are they?" She asked again, a little louder this time.

Pietro shook his head, "I don't know" he repeated.

Raven scanned over his face, trying to find where the lie was but she couldn't find it so she let go of him.

"Raven-" Pietro went to cup her cheek but she stepped away.

She was in danger mode right now. Her family is the only thing on her mind at the moment. She had to find them but she had absolutely no idea where they could be.

"You're going after them?" He guessed. She glanced at him once, twice, before nodding.

"Raven you don't have to-" Raven sent a look his way that shut him up completely.

Then she remembered what Sam had said.

Raven leaned down and started searching one of the men. Pietro looked confused as to what she was doing but Raven ignored him. Finally, she found what she was looking for. Sure enough, on the bottom of the backside of the jacket, was the Hydra symbol. The same symbol that was there after her sister died, the same symbol that was carved onto the wall of the cell she stayed in for two years.

Raven was angry. She had lost her first family to these people, she was sure as hell wasn't going to lose her second one to the same people.

She grabbed one of the guns that had fallen off one of the men and began walking down the hall toward the entrance of the school. Pietro sped forward and blocked her way. Raven could tell that he was going to try and talk her out of going after him and she didn't have the time for this. She let the veins under her eyes grow and she felt her eyes turn red.

Pietro sighed, knowing what that meant. She wasn't going to stop no matter what he said.

He was supposed to protect her...

"Fine, but I'm coming with you."