3

Raven's backstory:

Flashback:

Raven was running.

She could hear the screams and shouts of the people behind her but she paid no attention.

All she focused on was the stuffed animal in her hands and her feet which were going as fast as they could. There were footsteps running behind her and whether they were good or bad Raven didn't want to turn around.

She just wanted her mom.

"Hey kid, stop running!" Shouted an angry male voice from behind, which alerted Raven that it was a foe, not a friend.

Raven kept running, however, as fast as her small legs could carry her. Until she finally reached her house. She went around to the back and clambered in through the window that Olivia had left open.

She had to go wake up her parents. They weren't going to be happy that the two girls had left without their permission but Liv might be in trouble and Raven was scared.

She ran down the hall of the house and knocked vigorously on her parent's bedroom door.

No response...

Raven pushed the door open anyway, there was no time for formalities.

She ran into the room but couldn't see anything, the room was pitch black. She turned to the wall to flick on the lights but when she turned back-

Her mom was laying on the bed, still in her pajamas, a knife embedded in her chest...

Her father was on the ground, still in his pajamas, a bullet wound in his head...

Raven froze

She was so shocked that she didn't even notice the voices from behind her.

"Just kill her, we have enough children"

"We only have twenty-four, boss wants twenty-five"

"Plus, she was at the carnival"

"Take her then"

Raven turned just in time to see a man with a gun in his hand, a man with knives in his belt, and a man with a mask who had a syringe in his hand.

Raven ran further into the room but stopped when she reached the bed where her mother's body laid.

"Momma?" the tears flooded her eyes but with a sharp pain in her neck, everything went dark.

Raven woke up on the ground. The floor was cold and hard and she groaned as she sat up. The first thing she noticed was that she no longer had her teddy bear, this made her panic slightly.

She also noticed that she was in some sort of... cell?

Raven wasn't even sure. She had never been anywhere other than her town in Bulgaria and she hadn't watched many movies. This seemed more like a nightmare than a movie, however. Raven just hoped she would wake up soon and see her parents and sister again.

The sound of incoming footsteps made Raven look around frantically. A man with a mask came up to the door of her cell, Raven noticed the pair of handcuffs he was holding.

"Ah good, you're awake. Now tell me, child, do you like water more? Or fire more?"

Raven blinked, was this a trick question? She had only ever been to the pool a few times and she had no idea how to swim, but she had always wanted to learn.