46

Raven's pov:

After the Avenger's meeting. Nat drove Wanda and Raven towards the city.

"Has Steve asked you out yet?" Wanda asked Nat.

Raven deadpanned. "You and Steve?!" She asked, completely shocked at the information she was hearing.

Nat shook her head but Wanda was nodding her head.

"They've been a thing for a few weeks now," Wanda told her.

"We have not been a thing" Nat defended, keeping her eyes on the road.

Wanda rolled her eyes and Raven laughed.

The girls parked in the parking lot of the mall and entered the building. Nat was wearing a blonde wig so as to not be recognized. Most of the world didn't know what Wanda actually looked like so she didn't have to change her appearance.

They entered the first clothing store, which sold many expensive items. Not that money was a problem when they had Tony Stark's credit card with them.

Wanda and Raven walked through the shoe aisle while Nat went to go find some pants she had wanted.

Both of them had noticed the three boys in the corner of the room who had been sneaking glances at them. She didn't pay much attention to it until the group approached them.

"Excuse me," Said one of the boys.

Raven was heavily reminded of the time they had been shopping with Amber and that dude had asked for her number.

"Can we help you?" Asked Wanda kindly.

"We were wondering if we could have your numbers," Asked another one of the boys.

Wanda and Raven glanced at each other before Raven shook her head a little.

"I have a boyfriend, sorry," She said before turning her head away. She felt a little guilty, not because she had said no, but because she had probably just embarrassed them. Oh well, she had Pietro and none of these boys could beat him.

"Yeah, I'm also seeing someone, sorry" Said Wanda.

Raven waited for the three boys to walk away before raising her eyebrows at Wanda.

"Relax, I just said that so they would go away," Wanda said, knowing why Raven was looking at her like that.

"Why? Not your type?" Raven asked.

"Not really no."

After a little more shopping, Raven picked out a few shirts she was interested in, the girls decided to have a lunch break.

Raven had agreed to stay and save the table while Wanda and Nat went to get the food they had ordered. Raven had decided to try and call Amber again. The phone rang a few times but there was no answer... weird.

Raven shrugged the thought away, Amber might just be busy at the moment.

After lunch and a bit more shopping, the girls had decided that it was enough for one day. Especially after Pietro had called and asked impatiently when they were getting home.

Raven had walked into his room to see him lying on the bed, watching a cooking show (something Raven had gotten him into watching). She set her shopping bags down and laid on the bed with him. He immediately wrapped an arm around her protectively.

Raven was overthinking the whole Amber not answering the phone thing. She had called Amber again on the way home and received no response. Raven of course had every right to be a little uncomfortable with the situation given what's happened in the past year but maybe she was just overreacting?

Pietro noticed her furrowed eyebrows and concentrated look. He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

"What's wrong?" He asked her quietly.

Raven shook her head and immediately replaced her expression with a happy one.

"It's nothing," She told him. Pietro raised his eyebrows at her, he had gotten used to her saying this every time something was bothering her.

"Raven, tell me please" he pleaded, moving so that he could kiss her forehead.

Raven sighed, Pietro always knew how to get her to admit things.

"It's just Amber." Pietro tilted his head, silently asking her to continue. "She hasn't responded to any of my calls."

"Maybe she's busy?" suggested Pietro.

"Maybe, but it's weird. She always answers my calls, even when she's doing something"

Pietro moved to kiss her again so that she wouldn't see the look of realization on his face. He knew why Amber wasn't answering the calls. But Adrienne hadn't wanted Raven to know. But he wanted to tell her, he really did.

But if Adrienne hadn't wanted Raven to know then there must be a good reason... right?

Adrienne hadn't wanted Raven to know for her own protection, there must be a good reason behind all of this... yeah...

"I'm just being paranoid right?" Raven was looking at him, waiting for his response.

Pietro's heart was yelling at him. God, he hated lying to her so much.

Instead of answering her question, he cupped her cheek and kissed her softly on the lips.

"Get some sleep Raven, you can try to call her again in the morning" He mumbled, laying his head down on the pillow.

Raven seemed to accept that, she leaned into his chest and he felt her relax.

Pietro couldn't relax even if he wanted to. He should just tell her, right? She was his girlfriend after all and she deserved to know. But what if what was happening at the Kennedy school was dangerous? The mutant kids were strong, they could handle it. All Pietro could hope was that whatever was going on got handled soon so that Raven wouldn't get suspicious.

Pietro wouldn't let anything happen to Raven.

She didn't deserve to lose anything else.

And because Pietro Lo-

Because Pietro cares for her deeply.