17

Avenger's pov:

Raven had shown them around the three different training rooms, each had a different purpose. The Avengers had split up to do their own thing, Raven had ended up lying face-up on the mat next to Pietro who was using the punching bags.

"You and Wanda seem close," Raven stated, remembering their previous argument.

"We are" He agreed "Although sometimes she likes to think she's right when she's not"

Raven raised an eyebrow at him, "You sure it's not you who does that?"

He rolled his eyes at her.

"Wanda is my sister, no matter what" He sighed out, unwrapping his hands from the tape that was wrapped around them. "Family is the most important thing right?"

Raven didn't respond to that. She hadn't visited her only living family member in over a year.

It wasn't like she could just walk up the front steps of Olivia's house and force her to remember, or.... Could she?

A few hours after their training session, the Avengers had left, apparently, SHIELD had found something relating to the people trying to attack them and they had to go check it out. Raven had decided that now was as good a time as any to fly across the world and go talk to her sister.

Mhm, Raven had actually decided to visit Olivia for the first time in over ten months. She was pretty nervous but she made an effort not to show it as she bid Amber farewell.

After an eight-hour flight and a thirty-minute walk, Raven was standing outside the house. She had spent the entire walk to the house, trying to figure out what to say. But as she stood there, debating whether to knock, she still had no idea.

"Is this the place?" asked Tony, as they stood outside a run-down building. Fury had contacted them that there was a person in charge of the whole attack, and he was located here. If they could get him to call it off, then they wouldn't be getting attacked anymore.

"That's what Fury said" Answered Steve, who also seemed unsure. "Let's check it out."

They walked into the building only to find it resembled a home. Although the outside was rusting and dirty, the inside was very modern and expensive-looking. Bright white walls, a black couch, large TV, fancy-looking fireplace, a large shelf of expensive-looking alcohols.

"Split up, let's search the place"

The other's all agreed to what Steve said and began searching around the large house. They weren't honestly sure what it was.

"Uhh... guys?" Clint's voice came from a separate bedroom that he had found. The rest of the team rushed to his side to see what he was looking at.

Laying on the floor, face down, with three empty bottles in his hand, was a man... wearing a Santa Claus onesie.

"He looks like Steve on Christmas morning" Observed Tony and Steve gave him a "not the time" kinda look.

"Is this the dude Fury was talking about?" Asked Sam.

"Should we wake him up?" Asked Nat

"I guess so" Answered Steve.

Nat leaned down and shook him in an attempt to wake him up, however, he kept sleeping. Nat got pretty impatient and slapped him, hard. He jolted awake and looked around panicked.

"Where're the crackers?!"

"What?" Asked Sam

"The crackers... And the peanut butter. Oh God, somebody ate the peanut butter" The dude's eyes started watering.

All the Avengers just stared as the man began crying, still holding onto the three bottles, still wearing a Santa Claus onesie.

This whole thing was extremely weird.

"Should we do something?" Asked Clint, awkwardly

"Let's just take him with us, we'll wait until he's sober and then we can question him," said Steve.

Raven hadn't knocked on the door of her sister's house. She couldn't bring herself to do it. Instead, she decided that going on a small walk around the town she grew up in, would clear her head.

She was currently walking with her hands in her pockets and her hood up, right next to the forest. She had a lot of memories from this particular forest, not all were good, but most brought a smile to her face.

A small group in the distance caught her attention, considering all the bright colors they were wearing. It took her a few moments to realize it was the Avengers??? What were they doing in her hometown?
Raven super-sped up behind them, immediately sensing her presence, Wanda turned around, which caused the others too as well.

"Raven?" Asked Bucky

"What are you guys doing here?" Raven then caught sight of a man...in handcuffs, wearing a onesie?? 

"Do I even wanna know?"

"We think this is the man who sent the attack on us," Nat explained.

Raven raised her eyebrows in surprise.

Did they really think this drunk man, who was currently muttering about peanut butter, was their criminal? They may be the world's mightiest heroes, but they weren't the smartest people.

"What are you doing here Raven?" Asked Wanda.

"I'm visiting...family" Raven hesitated on that word since she hadn't actually gotten around to visiting her sister. She also avoided Pietro's stare since he had been the one to convince her to come in the first place, with their previous talk of the importance of family.

"So you're kidnapping him?" She asked, kinda amused by the fact that the dude in the onesie had started trying to dance.

"Not kidnapping, he's a bad guy" Pietro defended.

"You don't know that yet" She reminded them.

"If it turns out he isn't the one we want, we'll let him go" promised Steve. Raven didn't really honestly care what happened to the man, it would probably be better for his health anyways if the Avengers took him. He would have less of a chance to drink more.

"Are you done visiting family?" Asked Tony, who clearly wanted to get a move on.

Raven hesitated, she hadn't really even done it yet... But here was a perfect excuse to leave, she would come back later... yeah, 

She would come back later.