44

Raven's pov:

Flashback:

They pulled apart from the kiss.

Pietro was smiling down at her, a mischievous glint in his eyes that made Raven think he had something planned.

He pulled her hand and led her towards the door of her room.

"Where are we going?" Raven asked, letting herself be pulled away.

"I've been inside all day, we are going to get some fresh air"

Raven was left to let her legs be pulled by Pietro as they ran down the hallways.

All she could do was smile and laugh.

End of Flashback.

Raven and Pietro were sitting on one of the hills a few miles away from the school. The stars were shining brightly, the grass brushing against their skin with every small gust of wind. Each of them holding a bag of cotton candy that they had taken from the kitchen.

The only light was coming from the stars above them.

Raven smiled as she took another piece of cotton candy into her mouth, remembering the carnival where she had babysat Pietro.

Pietro noticed her smile and raised an eyebrow to which she just shrugged.

Pietro pointed to one of the stars to Raven's right, She turned her head which gave him the perfect opportunity to swing his arm around her shoulder since he was sitting on her left.

Raven blinked.

This smooth mothe-

She turned to head to him and he just grinned at her.

She scoffed but didn't move his arm away, secretly enjoying how "movie-like" this was.

"You know-" Raven started, wanting to get a conversation started. "-I used to stay up past my bedtime just to watch the stars at night," She told him.

Pietro clicked his tongue "Staying up past your bedtime? That's not very good"

Raven shook her head with a small laugh. "I find it hard to believe that you and Wanda never stayed up when you were little"

Pietro hummed in response "occasionally, whenever there was something good on the tv to watch"

"I used to stuff toilet paper in my shoes so that I would be able to ride the scary rides with my sister" Raven smiled as she recalled the memory.

Pietro chuckled and ran a hand through her hair.

"Rulebreaker hm?" He guessed, Raven shook her head.
"I usually followed the rules, my sister was more of the troublemaker. Always sneaking out to go hang out with friends."

Pietro hummed softly as he ran his fingers down the tips of her hair.

"I did put a gun straight through a dude's head once," Raven thought out loud. Pietro immediately stopped what he was doing and stared at her. "It was an accident" Raven shrugged.

Pietro shook his head with a grin on his face. He pulled her down slightly so that she was leaning onto him more. Raven didn't object to this, it was getting a little chilly outside.

"You would've liked me as a human," Raven admitted, leaning her head back on his chest.

Pietro rested his chin on the top of her head.

"I like you now."

Raven sat up and turned her head to look at him with her eyebrows raised.

"You barely know me" She sighed.

"Then I'll learn"

"I don't know if you want-"

Raven honestly didn't know what to say to that. Not only had nobody ever talked to her like this, but she was also suddenly reminded of everything that was going on.

It hit her all at once, realizing she wouldn't be able to tell Olivia about this moment. Of course, she still had Amber. Amber had always been there for her and Raven was extremely grateful for everything that she's done, but it just wasn't the same. Especially since Olivia had originally thought that Raven and Pietro were dating.

Not that they were dating now, well... Raven didn't actually know what they were doing.

Pietro noticed her change in attitude. She had gone from happy and smiling to frowning and looking lost in thought. He gently kissed the top of her hand, trying to pull her out of her thoughts. She looked at him and smiled sadly. Pietro felt like he knew what had just gone through her head.

"It's okay to miss her," He said quietly

Raven shook her head a little, "it was my fault for making her forget in the first place, If I had just not been so scared none of this would've happened" she admitted sadly.

Pietro cupped her cheek lightly and looked her dead in the eyes so she knew he was telling the truth.
"You were eleven years old Raven" He tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear before looking back into her eyes, "None of this was your fault."

Raven appreciated what he had said. She just wished that she could believe him.

Before she could open her mouth to speak, she felt something drop down on her nose. More and more little droplets were falling onto her face. Raven looked up, not that she could see anything other than the stars.

"Is it raining?" She asked.

Pietro nodded and stood up.

"What do we do?" She asked looking around, she wasn't even sure what direction the school was in.

Pietro grinned and held out his hand to help her up, "dance with me" he suggested.

She raised her eyebrows up at him but eventually gave in and took his hand. She couldn't reduce that stupid grin on his face.

"This is so cliche" Raven muttered as she brought her hands around his neck and he brought his to her waist.

"What about the rain or the dancing?" He asked

"Both" she let out a small laugh.

The rain fell harder, water droplets sliding down both their faces.

"I like you, Raven," He said suddenly. Raven stopped their small swaying and looked up at him.
"Yeah, I figured," She said "after you kissed me" She added.

"And then you kissed me" he reminded her

"Yeah" She agreed, using her tiptoes to place a small kiss on his lips. "I guess that's my way of saying I like you too."