32

Raven's pov:

After a breakfast filled with Olivia asking Pietro a bunch of random questions, him answering them while looking pretty confused on why Raven was trying too hard to change the subject, and Wanda trying not to laugh throughout the whole thing, they had bid Olivia farewell, Raven promising that she would come back and visit whenever she could.

The three of them were now sitting back on the jet, waiting for it to land back at the Kennedy school. Wanda was still smiling to herself meanwhile Raven was trying to forget about that part of their visit.

God that had been so embarrassing.

"She seems nice" Pietro finally said after about ten minutes on none of them talking.

Raven rolled her eyes. "Yeah, real nice."

Pietro raised an eyebrow at her while Wanda burst out laughing.

The only thing Raven could think about was the fact that now every time Raven came over, Olivia would think she was dating Pietro. No matter how many times Raven would try and convince her otherwise.

Maybe Raven should just erase her memory again...

Too soon Raven... too soon.

After another hour of the jet ride, where they had started playing music to fill the silence, they finally touched down outside the school. Raven was ready to go inside, lay in bed, and watch whatever tv series was on with a bag of chips next to her.

But when they walked into the school, Raven's ears picked up on slightly panicked voices from somewhere in the school. Raven put a hand in front of Wanda to stop the twins from walking further.
"I think something's wrong," She told them.

"What do you mean?" asked Wanda.

"I don't know I just-" Raven strained her ears trying to listen to what the panicked voices were saying.

"Any idea where he would've gone?"

"If he tells Mason-"

Raven's eyes widened.

"I think Hadeon's gone," She said to the other two who both looked surprised by this information.

Raven super-sped down the hall, Pietro picked up Wanda and followed.

"What happened?!" asked Raven when she stopped outside the interrogation room where Steve, Tony, Bucky, Sam, and Natasha were standing. Pietro and Wanda stopped right behind her.

"He's gone," Said Steve.

Raven looked past him into the interrogation room, It was indeed empty.

"Not only that-" Steve pointed to the other room where Richard had originally been in.

Also empty.

"So he just ran away?" asked Nat. "And he took Richard with him?"
"He was hungry," Said Raven. "Other than the people in this building, there's no food around the school for miles. My guess is Richard is probably dead."

"How did he get out in the first place?" Asked Bucky, "I thought Wanda had that barrier thing up"

"I did," said Wanda, who looked unsure. "I think" she added.

"If he goes to Mason and tells him where we are-" Said, Steve.
"-The attacks will start all over again" Finished Tony.

-------------

Hadeon was running. He had dumped Richard's body behind a tree somewhere, feeling slightly guilty but he needed energy somehow.

Hade had heard Wanda and Raven's conversation about going to visit Raven's sister in Bulgaria or something. He had then decided it was his only chance at escape since Wanda would be farther away and his magic wouldn't work as well. He had managed to get past the barrier but he was starving so he took Richard with him.

He wasn't going to hurt one of the kids and taking one of the Avengers would've been too hard. Plus it would have gone against his carefully made plan.

His plan was to find some kind of cell phone or something in a nearby town. He would call Mason, tell him that he couldn't find the Avengers. The Avengers would think that Hadeon had told Mason where they were so the Avengers would go destroy the facility before the Hydra facility would have time to attack them again. Hadeon would sneak in, grab the cure, and get out before anyone noticed he was even there. The only problem was that Hadeon wasn't sure if the cure was ready or not.

Guess he would just have to cross his fingers and hope.

"Excuse me" A lady with a fancy purse and big hooped earrings turned to face him when he caught her attention. "I need to borrow your phone" He looked her directly in the eyes. He would have just asked nicely but the Avengers would have definitely noticed that he was gone by now so he had to speed things up. The lady took her phone out of her handbag and handed it to him.

He quickly dialed the number and let it ring a few times before someone on the other end of the line picked up.

"Hadeon, I'm hoping you're calling to inform me where the Avengers are located" Came Mason's voice from the other end of the line.

"No, I couldn't find them. That school's hidden pretty well. The only thing I found was another vampire that's working with them but it was a dead end."

"Don't tell me you're giving up. You won't get the cure if you do" Mason warned.

"I decided I don't want a cure. I'm done working for Hydra" Hade said confidently. He then hung up the phone and handed it back to the woman with a "thank you, sweetheart."

------------------

Mason was very shocked when Hadeon told him he didn't want the cure. Hade had been after that thing for the past century. Mason found it hard to believe that he would just give up on it. Especially because of the life he wanted with Olivia.

This caused Mason to believe that Hadeon had actually found the Avengers. But for some reason, he was protecting them.

That was a betrayal.

And Hydra didn't like those who betrayed them.

Plus if they were going to end the Avengers, they were going to need Hadeon by their side.

But what could cause Hadeon to change his mind about working for the Avengers?

Mason smirked at an amazingly evil plan he had just concocted in his head.

This was going to be fun.

A/N: 

So I'm going on another plane today and I'm super scared. 

But that also means that I'm going to be posting at different times of the day since I'll be in a different country.  

If I don't post until 2026, You guys know why.