42

Amber's pov:

Flashback:

Amber was twelve years old. She was sitting on her bed at the Kennedy school, trying to think of what to do. She had been here for seven years, ever since her parents had kicked her out and Adrien had found her.

A new girl had joined last night. Amber had yet to meet her. Adrien had told Amber, Austin, and little Luca that she would need some time to get used to things. Amber could only wonder what kind of cool powers she had if she couldn't even go outside her room yet.

Maybe she was just scared?
Amber decided that a welcome present was the right thing to do. She finally had another girl around, she wanted to make a good first impression.

Amber grabbed a cute little basket and ran to the kitchen. She stacked the basket with small snacks, facemasks, fuzzy socks, bath bombs, etc.

She walked down the hallway and stopped outside the room that the new girl would now be occupying.

Amber knocked on the door and waited. It took a few seconds before the door slowly opened revealing a small girl who looked about the same age as Amber with long brown hair and dark brown eyes.

"Hi, I'm Amber!" she said excitedly. The girl seemed nervous, Amber understood that she had been nervous on her first day too.

"What's your name?" She asked kindly.

"Raven," The girl said quietly.

Amber stuck out her hand, Raven looked at it questioningly and Amber giggled. She took Raven's hand in hers and shook it.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Raven. I got you something"
She picked up the basket that she had placed on the ground and put it out for her to take.

Raven hesitated before accepting the gift and looking through it curiously.

"Thank you," Raven said quietly. Her eyes roamed the snacks and stopped at a particular snack. She was looking at it curiously which made Amber gasp.

"Have you never had pringles?!"

Raven shook her head.

Amber was about to ask how the hell that was but she stopped herself. Maybe they just didn't have them where she was from.

Amber pushed the door open and invited herself right into Raven's room. Raven didn't object however, she just set the basket down at the foot of her bed. Amber realized that she didn't have any clothes in the closet or any decorations around the room. Amber was going to fix this.

"We should have a girl's day!" She suggested.

"Girls day?" Raven asked.

Amber physically couldn't hold in her surprised look. Damn this girl had a lot to learn.

Then Amber grinned, "Don't even worry about it" She grabbed Raven's hand and pulled her out of the room "We are going into town, we're gonna go shopping and get you a few things for your room. Then we'll come back and watch a movie" She told Raven and she practically pulled the girl down the hallway.

Raven was looking up and down the hallway, clearly, she still didn't know her way around.

Amber set her mind to it. She was going to help Raven get used to things at the Kennedy school.

Raven was her sister now.

Seventeen-year-old Amber was sitting on her bed again. Scrolling through her phone. She decided that this was being too unproductive for her taste and she should go see what everyone else was up to. Raven had already left, nobody bothered to ask where she was going because of everything that happened. Amber knew she needed space and time but Raven had always been the person Amber goes to when she's bored. Now Amber was going to go see who else had nothing to do.

She walked to the kitchen, there was always somebody in there. Wanda was standing at the counter, making herself some tea. She noticed Amber walk in and smiled.

"You want some?" she asked, motioning to the tea.

"Sure, thanks" Amber sat at the counter across from her.

"What's wrong?" Asked Wanda.

Amber was going to deny but then she remembered that there was no point in lying to a mind reader.

"I'm just worried," She admitted, accepting a cup from Wanda.

"About Raven?" guessed Wanda and Amber nodded.
"Just give her time. She's strong, she'll be okay" Wanda assured her.

Amber gave her a thankful smile.

"I just wish there was something I could say to help her. But I can't think of anything that would make this better" Amber sighed.

"Maybe you don't have to say anything?" suggested Wanda.

Amber thought about it. Wanda was right. Raven didn't want to hear about what a good person her sister had been, she needed a distraction, something to do.

And Amber knew the perfect distraction for her. A smirk appearing on her lips she turned to Wanda who was raising an eyebrow at her.

"Do you happen to know where your brother is?"

A/N: This was a pretty short chapter so I'll post another one later today.