40

Raven's pov:

Raven and Pietro had stood in that clearing for what felt like hours. Pietro didn't know what had happened and he didn't know what to say. Raven didn't have anything to say. Finally, Pietro had suggested they go back to the others to see if the fight was over. It took a few seconds before Raven nodded her head in agreement.

Pietro was carrying Hadeon's body. It was burned all over, Raven couldn't stand to look at how bad the burn marks were. But if they were anything as bad as the smell, they were extremely bad.

Neither of them talked until they reached the edge of the woods. The Hydra facility was in the distance, there wasn't as much commotion as earlier so Pietro guessed the fight was almost over, hopefully, they were winning.

Raven rubbed her eyes before another stupid tear could fall.

Get yourself together Raven. Not like you just burned your brother-in-law alive or anything.

Deep breathes and you'll be fine.

That's what she was telling herself as the two walked closer and closer back to the facility. The Avengers had in fact been winning the fight. All that was left were a few rogue agents which were being taken care of by Sam and Bucky. Adrien was standing above a man on the ground who Pietro recognized as his brother.

"Good to see you're both okay," Steve said once he saw the two. He looked at the burnt limp body in Pietro's hands and opened his mouth to speak but Pietro shook his head. He didn't think Raven would want to talk about it right now.

"It didn't have to be like this," Adrien said to Mason. Mason was looking around as if trying to find something or someone.
"Hadeon's dead," Raven told him. She watched his expression turn from confusion to worry. Obviously, Mason had been waiting for Hadeon to come to save him or something.

She pretended not to notice the confused looks that the other Avengers were giving her. She had come here to help him and now he was dead.

And it was her fault.

Raven was so bad at this.

Mason looked worried. No doubt his plan had been to use Hadeon or something.

Raven then realized that Mason was the person who had killed her sister, who had killed her parents, who had kidnapped her for two years and then turned her into a vampire.

Her hatred for the man grew immensely.

"You all think you're so much better than anyone else." He spat. "Everywhere you go death and destruction always follows"

That was just about enough for Raven. She looked to Adrien who gave her a nod of approval. Raven then stepped forward and placed her hands on the sides of his face. There was a deafening crack as she snapped his neck. That was the most satisfying thing she had ever heard.

Adrien turned to Raven and Pietro, who was still carrying Hadeon. "Go wait in the jet, we'll take care of this," He said, motioning to the dead or knocked out bodies around them.

Raven turned on her heel and walked back towards where the jet was. This had been one of the worst days of her life and she just wanted to go home and sleep, maybe cry a little bit, eat a whole ass-ton of food, binge watch whatever cooking show was supposed to play tonight, and regret every life decision that has led her to this moment.

Pietro walked into the jet and placed Hadeon's body on the seats in the back. He placed a small emergency blanket over the body.

Raven was standing at the door of the jet, looking out into the open land with the Hydra facility in the background. She was too far away to see when the Avengers were doing and she was too lazy to try and listen to what they were saying.

Pietro walked up behind her and looked out of the jet with his arms crossed in front of his chest.

"It is a beautiful town," He said, admiring the way the grass was green and the flowers bloomed.

"You should see it in the winter," Said Raven.

Raven stepped into the snow that was outside the facility and shivered, she hadn't been outside in two years and it felt weird. She had no time to dwell however and she continued running, ignoring how her feet started hurting from the cold.

It was dark outside, Raven could barely see in front of her. She had never really had the best vision.

She hadn't seen the cliff...

Raven slipped-

"Maybe you'll take me sometime?" Pietro suggested

Raven knew he was looking at her, waiting for her response. She didn't know if she would ever return here. Too many memories. Maybe she could just leave, go back to school, pretend nothing happened.

Here's to hoping.

"Maybe."

A big explosion caused both their heads to turn in the direction of the facility in the distance.

The whole thing had blown up. Raven watched as parts of the building began to crumble. At least one thing she had wanted to do today had gone as planned.

It had a certain beauty in it. Watching the place that had caused her so many bad nights, so many opportunities lost, just watching it burn.

And now that the threat was gone, the Avengers would go home and everything would go back to normal. As if this never happened.

Part of that was a relief to Raven, but for some reason, her chest tightened at the thought.

Seventeen, Raven was now seventeen.

What the hell was she doing with her life...