19

Raven's pov:

Raven was sitting on her bed, finishing some of her math homework. (yes, the kids at Kennedy school were still required to have an education, much to their disappointment). Raven let a small yawn escape her mouth. To be honest, she was very bored. Math was her least favorite subject and it didn't help that she completely sucked at it. Giving up on her homework, Raven threw her notebook to the side and stretched out her arms. She was feeling a bit hungry so maybe she would go get a small snack or something.

As her hand reached out to twist the handle of her door she froze. Something had caught her eyes. She turned around and stared into the mirror that hung on the far wall across from her.

Her eyes were... red.

The familiar veins running down her cheek.

She hadn't been that hungry, had she?

Raven walked closer to the mirror until she was just inches away from it.

The weirder thing was that when Raven lifted a hand to trace the veins under her eyes, she didn't feel anything there. Her skin felt soft like it always had been.

She could see the veins under her eyes in the mirror but she couldn't feel them... What?!

This had never happened before...

Raven shook her head and took a deep breath, she must be stressed out about homework or something, this was all some kind of weird hallucination.

Before Raven could turn around, she felt the cold barrel of a gun touching the back of her head.

But there was no one behind her in the mirror...

Raven spun around

Nobody was there.

The next thing Raven knew, she was being thrown backward. But before she could hit the wall...

Raven opened her eyes.

Her room was dark

She was laying in bed

Raven couldn't hear any other noises throughout the school which meant it was indeed nighttime.

She took a few deep breaths.

It had been a dream

It had all just been a weird dream.

There was a small knock at the door and Raven shouted "come in." She waited a few seconds but nobody opened the door. She slid off her bed, rubbing her eyes as she did so, and walked to open it for them.

She was reaching for the handle of the door when...

Another knock

But it wasn't coming from the door...

Raven slowly turned around to face the mirror again

Another knock...

coming from...

her mirror?

Raven took a few hesitant steps toward it.

What the hell was going on?

When she was a foot away from the mirror, she stopped walking. She didn't want to get too close, especially after the weird dream she had just had.