4

Avenger's pov:

It had been a few hours since Nat had settled in her new room. It had gray walls, a queen-sized bed, a few small cabinets, a bathroom, and a basic closet with a sliding door. It was pretty plain but Nat was happy about how comfortable the beds were. She decided to go talk to a few of the others so she stood up and walked out of her room. She knocked on the first door she found. Bruce opened the door and let her inside.

To Nat's surprise, both Tony and Clint were sitting on his bed.

Bruce's room had the same furniture as Nat's but the walls were painted white instead of gray.

"We were just about to call you," Said Clint, offering her a spot on the couch.

"We were just talking about how weird this place is," Said Tony, Clint frowned at him.

"It's not weird, I think it's nice," He said defensively

"It's a school of mutants... that's not normal," He said.

"I think it's great that they have a place to be without being judged" Bruce piped up from where he was sitting on the cabinets.

There was a small knock on the door before it opened and a small head peeked through.

A young girl with auburn hair that was in two long braids and the brightest blue eyes any of them had ever seen was staring at them. She couldn't be any older than eight.

"Dinner's ready," She said and they all stood up.

She led them down the hallway.

"What's your name?" Nat asked softly to the little girl.

"Sasha," She said happily before stopping outside another door.

She knocked on it and then shouted "Raven, dinner's ready"

It was a few moments before they heard a muffled "I'll be out in a minute"

That seemed to be enough for Sasha as she turned around and kept going down the hallway, stopping at a few other doors to call some others for dinner.

They finally reached the kitchen where Steve, Bucky, Sam, Wanda, and Pietro were already sitting at a long table.

Also sitting at the table was Austin, Amber, a small girl with dark hair, and a small boy with dark hair, the two looked very similar and Clint wondered if they were maybe... siblings?

Everyone sat down at the table for a few moments until two more people entered the room. A boy with curly blonde hair and a girl with long brown hair. They both looked about fifteen and they were deep in conversation. Neither of them seemed to realize that there were strangers staring at them until they sat down.

They immediately stopped talking and just looked confused. The boy frowned while the girl remained emotionless, she kept her expression natural although her eyes were scanning each of them individually.

"Wha-what?" Asked the boy

"Avengers," Said the smaller boy with dark hair. Everyone turned to look at him and he shrugged "I watch the news." He said calmly.

The girl next to him laughed "You watch the news" She said between giggles

"What?! I gotta know what's going on around the world" He said defensively

"You could just go outside instead of being on your iPad all day" The young girl laughed

"Children..." Sighed out Sasha