34

Raven's pov:

(A few hours later)

Raven knocked to the door of Olivia's home,

No response.

Maybe Olivia wasn't home?

But Raven had been here just this morning and she had offered for Raven to stay for the rest of the day. Raven had declined because she felt like they should get back to school.

Also, she could hear Hershey scratching against the front door.

Surely Olivia wouldn't leave Hershey alone, right?

Raven tried to listen to any noise from inside but the only thing she could hear was the sound of Hershey whining to get the door opened.

Raven could make out some kind of scent.

She couldn't exactly place what it was though.

Then it hit her...

Blood.

Raven yanked the door open, pulling it right off the hinges, and ran inside. The smell was coming from upstairs... Raven had never been to Olivia's upstairs. She really didn't want to invade but the smell was so strong, somebody must have been seriously injured.

"Olivia?"

No response.

Raven started to climb the stairs. The smell was almost enough to make her stop, she knew that if somebody was bleeding freely she might not be able to stop herself. But what if Olivia was hurt? Raven stepped into the upstairs hallway. There were a few doors but only one room had the door open.

Well, the door wasn't even there.

Raven walked towards the door, bracing herself for the impact of the blood.

But then the king-sized bed came into view.

The white sheets were stained red, there was somebody laid out on the stained comforter. The door was on the other side of the room, an empty syringe laying on the ground next to it.

Raven took another few steps forward and then she noticed the unmistakable blonde hair which was hanging off the side of the bed.

In the next second Raven was standing right in front of the bed.

Her eyes were wide and her mouth was slightly open.

Olivia's eyes were closed, her hands lying peacefully on her upper torso. Raven would've thought she was sleeping if it weren't for the three big holes in her stomach.

Raven's mind went completely blank.

She slowly put her fingers to Olivia's wrist, checking for a pulse...

There wasn't one.

Raven's eyes stung with tears. Her breathing was coming back to her in uneven breaths.

Her eyes caught something on her sister's neck.

Raven leaned forward to see- Teeth marks

Vampire teeth marks. 

Who could've-

Hadeon.

Hadeon was the only other vampire Raven had ever seen near this area.

This was Hadeon's doing. Hade had killed her sister.

Raven sat down on the bed and moved Olivia's head into her lap. She ran her hand through the messy blonde hair.

It couldn't be.

Raven had just gotten Olivia back and now-

Now...

She didn't want to say it.

Pietro and Wanda had looked around their assigned streets but they hadn't found anything.

"Maybe we should go ask Raven if she knows of any big buildings?" Asked Wanda. Pietro agreed and the two set off toward where they knew Raven was Olivia's house.

Hershey, the dog was playing with a chew toy in the front yard. The front door had been yanked open. Wanda and Pietro glanced at each other.

Pietro whistled Hershey to follow him as the twins stepped into the house. The living room was empty, muddy footprints near the entrance of the house. Had Raven done those?

Wanda motioned with a tilt of her head for them to go upstairs and Pietro nodded.

The quiet almost made it seem like some kind of crime scene.

Upstairs was a hallway with a few different doors. The only open one was the room at the far end of the hall. Pietro was about to walk toward it but Wanda put a hand out to stop him.

He looked at her, confused. Wanda looked at him, worry was evident on her face. Pietro raised an eyebrow at her and she took a deep breath.

The two began walking towards the door. Pietro was confused about why Wanda seemed so distressed.

It's not like this was an actual crime scene.

The king-sized bed came into view and Pietro saw Raven sitting, her back facing him, someone was laying with their head in her lap.

"Raven?" Pietro asked, unsure as to what she was doing.

Raven turned her head to face him.

Her eyes were red.

Tears falling down her face.

what?

Pietro took another step forward and the person in Raven's lap came into view.

Olivia...

She was bleeding... a lot.

The sheets around her were stained red. Blood was covering Raven's hands.

Raven turned back to Olivia, another tear falling from her eye.

Pietro was stunned.

How had this happened?!

They had just been here this morning and everything had been fine! Better than fine.

"Raven-" he started.

"It was Hadeon," She said, still looking down at her sister.

"Raven I don't understand-"

She suddenly stood up, Pietro immediately stopped talking.

"Call Stark," She said, her voice was quiet but both twins still heard her.

"He can get Hade's DNA from her neck"

With that Raven turned and walked directly out of the room, tears falling silently.

Wanda looked at Pietro who was looking at the body on the bed. He walked closer and furrowed his eyebrows as he turned Olivia's head to the side. The amount of blood almost making him sick.

The same vampire bites that had been on Richard's neck when they first found him.

Pietro took a deep breath before turning back to Wanda.

"Call stark."