7

"I'll give you one chance to prove and redeem yourself"

"W-what?" Minho's eyes widened at what Jisung said.

"I'll give you a chance to earn my forgiveness. But that's it-" Jisung was quickly cut off by Minho who engulfed him in a tight hug.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Jisung was astonished by how happy Minho sounded.

"I'll promise you I won't mess this up." Minho pulled away with a wide smile on his face.

Minho quickly pecked Jisung's cheek, causing the younger to blush instantly.

"Y-Ya!" Minho giggled at how red Jisung's face was.

"See you later, Kitten." Minho ruffled Jisung's hair before running off.

"Gosh, he hasn't changed one bit." Jisung smiled and shook his head before leaving the music building.

While walking towards the restaurant their group planned to go to, a thought suddenly popped into the younger's head.

"T-This was actually supposed to be my g-gift to you two years ago when I asked you out but I forgot it at the dorm that day."

Jisung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He stopped at a bench and stone table under a tree to look at the ring closer.

There were small inscriptions in the ring that looks like words but they were so small, not even and any can read them.

"This bitch really couldn't have gotten a simple inscription like 'I love you' but he got a whole speech in here." Jisung was squinting his hardest, trying to at least read the first word.

"Ok, that's my name, we are making progress here."

After a whole 5 minutes, he was still there at the bench trying to read the second word.

"Does that read as 'thank' or 'skank'?" He asked himself.

He groaned and just gave up. He thought to just ask Minho when he has the chance.

Jisung just laid his head down on the stone table until he heard a very familiar voice.

"This is our table." Jisung looked up to see an annoyed Felix and Hyunjin with A Seungmin who was too occupied on his phone.

"Oh, sorry." He quickly stood up and made his way towards the restaurant he originally planned to go to.

When he entered the restaurant, he saw his friends sitting at a table by the corner.

"Hey Hyung! What took you so long?" Jeongin greeted Jisung when the quokka boy sat beside him.

"Long story, you wanna hear it?"

"Ya! We also want some tea!" Lia said from across the table.

"Ok well, when you guys left, Minho came up to me to give me a box. It contained this necklace and he said that he was supposed to give me this during the time he asked me out two years ago. After that, I thought, 'maybe I should give him a chance'," Hearing that last part, everyone made a weird face. "Before you guys say anything, I know that was a dumb move but blame my impulsive mind. He then promised me that he won't mess up this time and then we separated ways. While walking here, I stopped at a bench cause I noticed there were inscriptions on the rings but I can't read them for the life of me. I was there for 5 minutes straight and all I got to read was the first word, which was my name. Suddenly, Felix, Hyunjin, and Seungmin came cause I was supposedly sitting at 'their' table. After that, I'm here." Jisung finished explaining his story to see different faces from everyone.

"I know that wasn't really much but I'm still trying to process all of that," Yeonjun said. Everyone laughed as their food arrived.

After they finished eating, they decided to head back to the dance studios to continue practicing. When they got there, only Minho, Changbin, and Chan were there. The three were sitting on the floor in a corner of the room.

"Hey, let's practice with vocals," Chaeyeon suggested.

"What song though?" Soobin asked.

"How about Rough by Gfriend?" Sakura said. Hearing this, the three in the corner perked up and faced the group slightly to watch them.

"Ok, who is gonna sit out?" Soobin asked the group.

"I'll sit out" Yeonjun raised his hand.

Yeonjun went to prepare the song while th others went to their positions.

Just as they were about to start, the door opened and Felix, Hyunjin, and Seungmin entered the room.

"What are they gonna do?" Seungmin asked Chan.

"They are gonna do Rough by Gfriend," Chan explained.

"But are do you guys looked so intrigued like something weird is gonna happen?" Felix added.

"They are gonna practice with vocals," Changbin stated.

"Vocals?!" The three whisper-yelled at the older.

"But who is going to do Yuju's high note?" Seungmin asked.

"Based on how they are positioned, it seems like Jisung is gonna do the high note," Minho spoke up.

"I don't remember him having powerful vocals. He had good vocals but I don't remember him being able to hit high notes." Seungmin started while the other two nodded.

"We'll see," Minho said as the first note started of the song started to play.

Just in case y'all wanted to know.
Soobin - Sowon
Chaeyeon - Sinb
Sakura - Yerin
Lisa - Umji
Jisung - Yuju
Jeongin - Eunha

During the dance, they were shocked to see everyone had amazing vocals. When the high note was approaching, everyone was basically at the edge of their seats.

But when it came, Jisung slayed it. He did it effortlessly. Even Yeonjun was shocked to hear such powerful vocals from someone who focuses on rap.

Jeongin also showed off his amazing vocals during the dance. Hyunjin's eyes were wide hearing his old dorm mate who was always shy when doing even a falsetto now slay a whole song.

All their moves were clean and they were all in sync.

After seeing that, Stray Kids now needed to step it up. The competition hasn't even started yet but it seems like the battle has already begun.

"Woo! That was great!" Yeonjun cheered as ran to the group.

"Jisung I didn't know you could hit high notes," Soobin said.

"Well, it's kind of a hidden talent. I focus on rap that's why I barely show off my vocals and I'm not really confident in that field." Jisung explained.

Everyone just nodded before going to get water.

"Guys, I'm going back to the dorm now. I wanna sleep for a bit." Jisung said.

"Then let's all go back, We already did enough anyway," Soobin said. Everyone picked up their bags before going back to their dorms, leaving the group in the room dumbfounded by the vocals they didn't know existed within the quokka and fox boy.