10

After Minho left, Jisung decided to go take a nap. He felt very tired, his body was too beaten up to move yet he felt exhausted.

A few hours pass and it was now 2 am. He slept through dinner and he was hungry.

He got up from bed and went out of his room. All the lights were off in the kitchen and the living room. Jeongin's room also had its lights off, which means the younger was already asleep.

Jisung went to the kitchen to look for food. On the counter sat a container with a note stuck onto it.

'Sungie hyung, this is some food I made for you if you ever woke up in the middle of the night!
-Innie'

Jisung giggled at how caring his dorm mate was. He was lucky to have Jeongin with him through the past years. He felt grateful to have such a great friend.

He opened the container and grabbed a fork. It had rice, some kimchi, and a few more side dishes that Jisung was too tired to comprehend what they were.

It was quiet in the dorm and Jisung felt lonely so he decided to eat his food on the rooftop. He took a blanket from the dorm's storage room and a small battery-powered lamp.

He got out of the dorm with things in hand. He made sure to lock the door, he doesn't want any creep coming in and bothering the sleeping fox.

He made his way to the rooftop where sweet silence was present and beautiful stars were shining in the night sky.

Jisung laid the blanket on the floor and turned on the lamp beside him. He ate his food while sometimes looking up at the sky and admiring the stars.

"What are you doing here?" Jisung heard someone call from behind him.

When he looked, he saw a pretty annoyed Felix.

"Eating?" He raised his container so that Felix could see. Jisung turned back to face away from him and continued to eat his food.

"You can sit if you want," Jisung said. Felix hesitated for a bit but he still went with the quokka boy's suggestion.

He sat beside him on the blanket, and It would be an understatement if I said it was just awkward. It was very awkward between the two.

One felt betrayed since his old best friend left him without even bothering to tell him, Well he did tell him but it was a lie, while the other felt very guilty for not even telling his own best friend his plan on not coming back.

Jisung was having enough of this awkward atmosphere. He wanted to mend his broken friendship with the person beside him.

"How are you?" Jisung muttered as he stared at the stars above them.

"Huh?" Felix questioned.

"How were you the past two years?" Jisung didn't take his gaze away from the stars.

"What do you mean?" Felix asked.

"Well, two years is a pretty long time. You could've changed for all I know." Jisung said.

"Why would you want to know?" Felix mumbled. He didn't want to snap at Jisung because he knows how he was sensitive with people shouting at him.

"Because...I know you would be the most affected by my sudden departure." Jisung tore his eyes away from the stars and looked at his lap.

"Why..." Felix said.

"Why didn't you at least tell me you'd leave and never come back," Felix muttered.

Jisung didn't answer his question because even he doesn't think it was a valid reason to not tell his best friend who has been with him since he was a kid.

Felix sighed, "I felt betrayed. I told you stuff that was only meant for the both of us and you couldn't even tell me your plan that would affect the both of us. Was I really your best friend?"

"Of course. I just didn't tell you because... I felt you would be hurt even if I told you. I knew you would try to come with me. I refrained from telling you because I also know this is your dream school, I couldn't take that away just because of a problem I was facing. I thought if I just left quietly, it would spare us the drama." Jisung explained.

"I'm sorry," Felix said.

"Why are you apologizing?" Jisung finally looked at his bestfriend.

"I should've understood your situation more. I know you would be very affected by what Minho did since it already happened back then. I was just, very upset then when I found out you left me." Felix said.

"I am sorry too. For leaving you without anything. I should've told you at least." Jisung said.

"Besties again? Jisung asked.

"Besties again," Felix repeated. Signaling that they were now back together.

They hugged each other in comfortable silence. Jisung has happy to have his best friend back after 2 years.

"You know, you shocked me with that high note yesterday." Felix smiled.

"Eh, it's something I picked up while at HYBE." Jisung shrugged.

The two talked all night until the light of the sun can be seen on the horizon. They laughed at the fact they talk through the night without even noticing.

They got up and went back to their dorms.

This was Jisung's first step to getting his friend's trust back. He really wanted to mend with everyone.

Felix was done with it, and now he needs to mend with Seungmin. He plans to do that after practicing with Minho later.

Let's hope all goes well later with Minho.