Chapter Eighteen

"Give me Luke or you never see the cup again." I said.

"If you don't give me the cup, I'll slit his throat." Valentine said.

"Well what do you want more? Luke dead or the cup?"

Valentine hesitated. I think this is the only time I've ever seen him unsure about his choices. Valentine growled and threw Luke to the floor. I sighed in relief and Valentine put his hand out.

"Now, give me the cup."

"Clary, don't." Luke said.

"Come here." I said.

Valentine, a smug look on his face, made his way over to me. I walked backwards and angled myself so that Valentine stood in front of the portal.

The thing with portals is, if you're not thinking about a place to go, you can find yourself lost in your own mind.

I handed Valentine the cup. He took it and smiled.

"Thank you, Clary. Without this, we would be lost."

"Not we. You."

I grabbed the cup from his hand and kicked him in the chest. Valentine went flying backwards into the portal. I stepped back. I whipped around and ran to Jace, who was leaning against the wall.

"Jace?" I said, tapping his face lightly.

"Clary?"

I helped him up onto his feet.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine, I guess. Go get your mom. I'll help Luke." He said.

"Jace -"

"Clary. Just go."

My eyes fell to the floor.

"I'm sorry." I said.

I ran out of the room and made my way down the stairs. I didn't stop running until I reached the room my mom laid in. I slowly walked over to her bed. As I looked at my moms unconscious body, tears started spilling out of my eyes. I fell to my knees and poured out everything that happened. I knew she couldn't hear me, but quite frankly, I didn't care.

"Clary?" Someone said from behind me.

"Yes, Isabelle?" I asked, wiping away my tears.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"No, not really."

"What happened?"

"Long story. Just help me get my mom out of here."

Isabelle came to my side and started to help me unchain my mom. It was difficult, I admit, but we did it. By time we unchained her, Luke and Jace were down here to help. Luke picked her up bridle style and quickly carried her outside. Jace looked at me before following him.

"Let's go." Isabelle said, putting her hand on my back.

I nodded my head.

"Okay."

I walked outside with Isabelle. I noticed she was limping. My eyes widened as I saw the field. All the dead bodies. It's not like I haven't see dead bodies before but not this many. It was a mixture of Forsakens and werewolves.

"Clary." Isabelle said.

"Isabelle, I can't. There's so many bodies." I said, shaking my head.

"Hey, it's okay."

"No, it's not! This is all my fault. If I had never asked them to come, they wouldn't have died."

"Yes. They probably wouldn't have died. But you would have. Your mother would've laid there, in that bed, chained up forever."

"I see your point. But that still doesn't make me feel better." I said.

"Clary!" Someone shouted.

I whipped around to see Simon running towards me.

"Simon." I said.

I ran from Isabelle and into Simon's arms. I held onto him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said.

"I'm surprised you didn't run away from Oliver and come in to help." I said. Simon stayed silent. "You didn't."

"I'm sorry."

"Simon! I told you not to." I scolded.

"I just couldn't leave you guys in there." He defended.

"He helped me." Isabelle spoke up.

"With what?" I asked.

"With closing the entry for the demons."

"You let him near demons!" I shrieked.

"It's not like I invited him up there. He found me." Isabelle defended.

I shook my head. "I'm not dealing with this now."

"Good idea. Instead, you should go to your mom." Simon said.

"Now that's a good idea." I said.

-------------------------------

One, maybe two, more chapters left. Sorry it's short.

So I've decided if I'm going to do a sequel or not.

Drum roll please

I'm not.

I'm sorry, I honestly just don't feel like it. Doesn't mean I'm doing the teen wolf fan fic. The thing is, I would have to re-read city of glass if I wanted to write this sequel and as much as I love reading, I have to many books to read. So I'm sorry. Maybe, I'll do that sequel but it won't be soon, I can promise that.

I have just uploaded a new story and don't worry it won't be taking my mind off this book because that book is already done. I've been writing it for quite some time now and I finally published it.

Again, so sorry about the sequel.

Teaser: mom

Kisses