Chapter Nine

Isabelle and I were going for a walk today. Well actually, I didn't want to get attacked again and be alone, so I asked Isabelle to come with me for precautions.

"So you told Jace the truth huh?"

I sighed and ran a hand threw my hair. "Yeah."

"Did you tell him about...you know what?" She asked.

"No. Only you know. And I want to keep it that way." I say.

"Do you regret telling me?"

"I don't know. I know I can trust you. You've helped me so much and your swore on the angel. But at the same time, my mother told me to never trust anyone. So, yeah."

She nodded her head. We stay silent for a few minutes. I take in the beauty of New York. The cars, buildings... Okay I'm looking at technology really.

"Can we go to Taki's?" She asks.

"Sure."

We turn right and head into Taki's. We get a table near the back and sit down. Two menus were placed in front of us. I looked up and saw Kaelie.

"Is Jace with you?" She asked. That's the first thing she says to us?

"Sorry, Kaelie. He isn't."

Her smile dropped. "Oh."

"Sorry to disappoint you." Isabelle said with a devilish smile.

Kaelie rolled her eyes. "What do you guys want to drink?"

"Can I get a smoothie?" I ask.

"Me too."

Kaelie wrote that down and walked away. I started laughing.

"She seems so happy." I say.

"Kaelie? She's always like that when Jace isn't here."

Kaelie came back to our table with our
Drinks. "Now what would you like?"

"Waffles." I said.

She looked at Isabelle who said waffles too.

"I'll be back with your order soon." She said with fake enthusiasm.

"Thank you." I called after her when she started walking away.

I smiled. I like seeing Kaelie so deflated. I wonder if that makes me mean.

Isabelle and I talked for a good 10 minutes before Kaelie came back with our food. She walked away the minute she put them on the table. We started eating away at our waffles. Okay, I didn't think these things could get any better.

When we were finished, Kaelie came back a little happier.

"Are you done?" She asked with a smile.

"Yes, we are."

"Great. Can you give this to Jace. Tell him it's from Kaelie."

"Okay."

She smiled at walked away. I looked at Isabelle.

"Should we give it to him?" She asked. She handed me the paper and I laughed.

I was about to say something when someone interrupted me.

"Mind If we join you?"

I gaped at the person. Or should I say, downworlder. To be Even more precise, werewolf. The werewolf who broke into the vampires lair.

They didn't even wait for us to say anything, they just sat with us. I glared at the one beside me and I could feel from underneath the table Isabelle was getting her whip ready.