Chapter Seventeen

Video at the top is just something I found on YouTube
-------------
"Just listen to what he has to say." Jace said to me, backing up. "It's not what you think."

Was he crazy? After everything I told him...he wants me to listen to the guy? No, not happening. Not in a million years.

"Finally. Both my children together. My daughter, and my son." Valentine said.

My heart stopped. I was having trouble breathing. No. No! Luke said that my brother had died in a fire. It's not true! I refuse to believe it.

"I'm so sorry Clary. I didn't know."

I walked over to him. "Valentines lying. You're Michael Wayland's son. Luke said my brother died in a fire and they found his remains in the ashes."

"I took Jonathan with me when I ran. The bones were of a child killed by wolves."

Jace looked down in sadness. "I wish it wasn't true."

"She doesn't want to believe you. Because she's in love with you." Valentine spoke. Jace looked away in pain. I stared at Valentine with anger. "Jonathan..."

"I thought your name was Jace." I say.

"Jace is a nickname." He said.

I turn my back to both Valentine and Jace. It was all starting to click. The box in my moms room.... "Jonathan Christopher... Jace... Jace..." I whispered as tears started rolling down my cheeks. I shook my head, refusing to believe it even with all the evidence that clearly states he's my brother.

I stumble back into somebody's arms. Strangely enough, I knew it wasn't Jace. This hold was different from the way he held me. I shrugged out of his grasp and went to the window.

They were still fighting. All of them. The field consisted of dead Forsakens and dead werewolves. I turned around, not wanting to stare at it much longer. Jace was standing against the wall, head down, hand on his blade. Valentine, was walking towards me.

"Take out the cup Clary." He said softly, pointing to the tarot card that laid on the table.

I walked forward slightly and shook my head. That's when he grabbed me and pushed me down so my face was only inches from the cup.

"Take out my cup! I want the cup!" He yelled.

"You said, you wouldn't hurt her!" I heard Jace scream.

Valentine let go of me momentarily and that was to hit Jace. I straighten as he falls to the floor with a thud. I stare at the fallen Jace. I was frozen in place. In one quick motion, Jace is back on his feet and is holding the tarot card.

"That's enough." Jace said.

I felt someone grip my hair. Before I knew it, my head was smashed into the table with incredible force. I screamed out in pain as I fell to the floor, hitting my head on the chair as I fell.

"Clary!" Jace shouted.

I lay there, on the ground, unmoving. I could barely move my head up to watch the fight Jace and Valentine were having. I moved my eyes forward, and that's when I saw the tarot card.

Using all my strength, I reached out and grabbed it. With the powers I had, I reached into the tarot card and grabbed the cup. I pulled it out, and threw the tarot card aside. With what little strength I had, I pulled myself up and onto my feet. My knees shook but I stood my ground. Jace and Valentine didn't seem to notice me at all. Good. Grabbing the steel, I quickly did a healing rune, to help stop the pain. It was gone in seconds.

Now that I could walk without cringing in pain, I walked over to the portal on the wall. As I turned to look at Jace and Valentine, I noticed that Valentine had a sword against his throat. He was going to kill him!