Chapter Seven

I was taking a walk today, with a glamour. I needed to get out of that place. I couldn't stand to be there and longer.

Simon got sent back home. I'm happy for that. It seems as if he were in more danger with me than without me. Plus, I don't really think that he would argue considering what happened.

Isabelle and Alec were doing lessons with Hodge today. I don't know what Jace is doing. I haven't really spoken with him since our fight in my bed room.

I was walking past a park. I looked at all the kids who were having so much fun. I'm jealous. I want a normal life. I had one, but then my mother told me I was a Shadowhunter. At first I was happy to know I was part of this secret world, but now I see it as a punishment.

I went and sat on a bench. I looked all around me, watching the kids. I kind've felt like a stalker. I don't know why. Some lady tried sitting on me. Then she felt legs.

When she turned around and saw nothing, she screamed and ran away, yelling something about demons and ghosts.

"Mind if I sit here?" A male voice asks.

I look up to see he is talking to me. I nod my head. He takes a seat and offers me a smile. That's when something hits me. I'm wearing a glamour. How the hell can he see me?

I check his arms, first to see what he was. He was a Shadowhunter. Next question, is he wearing a glamour? I do a quick scan and conclude he is. Instantly my body screams dangerous.

I slowly scoot a tiny bit away from him.

"Beautiful day isn't it?" His voice startled me.

"Uh, yeah."

"How's your day been?"

"It's been fine." I say.

"That's good."

"Yeah."

He looks around the park with a smile. But it wasn't a peaceful smile. I couldn't really describe it. I moved so that I hung off the edge of the bench, just in case I needed to run.

Then I caught a glimpse of something behind a tree. Then another one behind a car. I knew where this was headed. I looked behind me and saw someone there. I'm not getting out of this park without a fight.

I thought I'd take my chances now. I'd rather be kidnapped trying than just sitting here and them making a move and grabbing me.

I waited a few seconds. I looked around the park to see how much I would be facing. I don't seem to have the best chances.

I got up and sprinted to the side. It was the place where I had the most chances of escaping.

Instantly, they chased after me. I ran away from the park and down the streets of New York. I nudged people out of the way. They'd give confused looks, obviously. It's not everyday that you get pushed aside by something invisible.

I turned to the right and I regretted it. It was a dead end. I checked the doors at the side and none of them would budge. I turn around just as the men started coming to me. I backed up into the wall.

One of the men charges to me and tries to throw a punch. I duck and his fist hits the brick wall behind me. He holds it in pain. I jab him in the throat and kick him in the nuts. He falls to the ground. I turn to my next attacker.

He tried to punch my face but I duck. I go low and kick my leg around. It hit his legs and he fell. I continuously kicked his face. He finally fell un-cautious.

Another one came and he kicked me in the stomach. Considering his partners were throwing punches I believed that's what he would do too. I stumbled back before regaining my balance. I kicked his side but he just caught my foot. He turned me and pushed me. I fell to the ground on my knees. I felt a hand wrap around my mouth and pull me to my feet.