Epilogue

Simon, Isabelle, Jace, Alec and I sat in Java Jones, sipping on some coffee. Isabelle and Simon sat together, Simon's arm around Isabelle. I sat squished in between Alec and Jace.

"So, how was the trip?" I asked.

I haven't seen Simon or Isabelle in months. They've been travelling around the world. Something about how Isabelle wanting to show him what life has to offer.

It's been 3 months since the whole Valentine fiasco. My mom was still in a coma and I haven't found anything about Madeleine. But she had to be here in New York. Raphael told me she was protecting me, so why wouldn't she be here?

"It was great." Simon said.

"We had a lot of fun." Isabelle added.

"What about you guys? What have you been up to?" Simon asked.

"Killing demons. It relaxes me." Jace said.

"War relaxes you." Isabelle retorted.

"Well, I've been spending my time with Magnus." Alec said.

"Interesting," Isabelle said with a smirk.

"I've been looking for Madeleine." I said.

"Have you had any luck?" Simon asked.

I shook my head in disappointment, "no. I talked to Raphael and he hasn't heard anything. He promised he would tell me if he did. This just sucks. She's the only person who knows how to reverse the spell on my mom. I'm annoyed that I haven't found her yet."

"Yeah, Clary really hasn't been too happy about that." Alec commented.

"What do you mean?" Simon asked.

"Everyday, she's in the training room. She likes to use Jace as a punching doll. She just punches him over and over again. Sure, Jace fights, but Clary has so much anger inside of her, and she puts it all onto Jace." Alec said, sipping on his coffee.

Simon and Isabelle laughed. Alec and I joined in. This was probably the first time I've laughed in a long time. I can't even remember the last time I let out a true, genuine laugh.

"I'm glad you think that it's funny." Jace snapped. "The girl broke my wrist. She's a lunatic."

"Awe, thank you so much." I said sarcastically.

"I'm glad Isabelle is back. Now you can use her as a punching doll." Jace said.

"Hey!" Isabelle exclaimed.

"Jace just doesn't want me to damage his face. It's not like if I hit him in the face anything will change. He'll still be ugly." I said.

Jace gave me a sarcastic smile before he said, "we all know that I'm not ugly. Everyone of us has found me attractive."

"I haven't." Simon said.

"But the other three have." Jace pointed out.

And we couldn't say anything because it was true. The three of us have had some kind of attraction towards Jace. Some of us still do.

"So, how are you and Magnus?" Isabelle asked, changing the subject.

"We're good. He's really helping me heal. He's teaching me all this stuff about medicine. It's really cool." Alec said happily.

"It's nice to see you happy." Isabelle smiled.

"It feels good to be happy."

"Be careful. If you keep hanging out with Magnus, you'll forget how to fight." Jace said.