Chapter Two

"Madame Dorothea! Dorothea open up!" I shouted, banging on her door.

It flew open and standing there was a not so happy Madame Dorothea. I wonder what she was doing.

"What is it Clary?" She sounded annoyed.

"Valentine found my mom." I said instantly.

Her facial expression immediately changed. She looked around. She grabbed my arm and dragged me inside the room.

"Come in. It's not safe." She said closing the door and locking it.

"Madame Dorothea, I need the mortal cup." I said.

She walked away from me and went into the parlour. She was looking for the tarot card with the mortal cup.

Madame Dorothea was a witch. She knew about the shadow world. When I was younger, my mom put the mortal cup inside a tarot card and gave it to Madame Dorothea to protect. My mom is special and can do more than a normal shadowhunter can do. She knew one day Valentine would come for her. She didn't trust keeping it in our house, knowing Valentine would search it top to bottom.

"Here you go." Madame Dorothea said handing me the tarot card with the mortal cup inside. "Clary how did this happen?"

"I don't know. I was just walking home when my mom called me. She told me Valentine found her."

"So that was the racket I heard." Dorothea said.

"Wait, why didn't you check, and see if everything was alright?" I demanded.

"Clary I'm sorry but you know that if they knew I was a witch, they'd search my house. They'd find the mortal cup."

I sighed. "Your right Dorothea."

"She needs to protect the mortal cup."

"My mom told me to call Luke. He didn't answer, so I should go over there." I said, heading towards the front door.

"Would you like to use the five way portal?" Dorothea said before I got to the door.

I turned to face her. "Yes please."

She went over to her curtain and opened them wide. There stood the portal. I walked over to the portal. I looked back over at Madame Dorothea. She gave me a smile.

"Good luck Clary."

"Thank you. For everything you've done." I said.

I walked over to her and gave her a hug. I pulled away. I gave her a smile. I looked at the portal. I thought of the place I wanted to go.

I jumped into the portal.

I landed on my knees and hands. My hair was wet and it clung to my face. I looked up and I saw Luke's house. The place was so familiar to me. It was my second home. Second sanctuary. I got up and tried to open the door. It didn't open. I knocked and still no one answered. I guess he wasn't home.

I went to the back of the house where the back door is. I know that Luke rarely locks that one.

That's why it was with ease, that I got into his house. I needed some weapons. I walked up to my room. It had some of my clothes and some of my weapons.

I grabbed a witch light, my stele, three seraph blades, a dagger and a vampire gun. I put them into my bag. I zipped it shut.

Before leaving, I looked at all the photos that Luke had. Pictures of me and my mom. Luke and I. The three of us. Memories started coming back. I remember the sound of the cars, while my mom and I posed in front of a shop. The sound of the water while taking photos at Luke's other house.