Chapter Ten

-Jace's POV-

I walk away from Clary's room, stuffing the paper into the back of my jean pockets, and to the infirmary. I wanted to see Simon. As I entered the infirmary, I saw Isabelle. She was seated next to his bed.

They seemed to be talking about something. I leaned in to hear better. Isabelle was telling him about their day today. The day, I still didn't know about.

I wonder why she was telling Simon this and not me. I thought Clary was finally going to be honest with me. Looks like she's still keeping stuff from me.

Stop it Jace.

Simon's laughter caught my attention. I can't remember that boy laughing.

I decided to leave him with Isabelle. To be honest, I don't even know why I came to see him.

I walked into the library. Hodge was sitting down at his desk. He looked up at me. He gave me a small smile.

"Hello Jace."

"Hodge."

"Is there anything I can do for you?" He asked.

"Did you know who Clary was, when you first met her?" I ask. I don't know why I'm asking. I just wanted to know.

"What do you mean?"

"Did you know who she was?"

He leaned back in his seat. "I had my suspicions that she was Jocelyn's daughter. They looked so similar. When I told Clary her mom was one of the best, she didn't deny. She knew who I was speaking of."

"Why didn't you tell us?" I was angry.

"Because it wasn't my secret to tell."

I slammed my hand down on his desk. Hodge flinched a little before sitting straight again. He raised from his seat and headed towards the door. I was slightly confused as to why he was leaving.

"I think that you need some time to clam down." With that, he left.

I rolled my eyes and ran a hand threw my hair. I turned in a circle until my eyes rested on the library doors. I didn't want to stay in here.

I stormed out of the library and headed to one of my favourite rooms. The piano room. I pushed the doors open and at down on the seat in front of the keys.

I started playing Bach's song. The one that can tell you if someone's a demon. I ran my hands over the keyboards, looking at the paper in front of my eyes.

My eyes never left the piece of paper. I played with emotion. Putting everything, the anger, into it. I crinkled my face and slammed my hands against the keys. They made a horrible sound.

"Whoa. What did that piano ever do to you?" I looked up and in Clary's eyes. "You play it like you lost your only love."

"Unfortunately my one true love remains myself."

"Well at least you don't have to worry about rejection."

I shrugged. "Not necessarily. I turn myself down occasionally just to keep it interesting."

She looked at the piano. "You do play that with a lot of passion."

"Well that's the problem. I play it with to much emotion. It's supposed to be played with a simple representation of notes. No interpretation."

She walked over and took a seat next to me. I felt the warmth of her body. It sent an electric feeling threw my body, to be so close to her.

"Music is supposed to have emotion."