Chapter Six

I woke up and immediately got out of bed. I was supposed to meet up with Alec to talk. Honestly I'm a little frightened. Alec and I aren't friends. He hates me. All because he's jealous.

I slipped into a navy blue long sleeve shirt and some light denim jeans. I put on my combat boots and my leather jacket, only because it had the mortal cup inside.

I walked outside of my room and headed in the direction of the library. I was a little pissed that he asked me to meet him at 8:30 in the morning. I mean who does that? He's a -

"Clary."

I turned around to come face to face with Jace. "What're you doing up?"

"I could ask the same to you."

I stayed silent before answering. "What do you want?"

"I had to tell you something."

"What?" I think I know where this was going.

"We can't turn Simon back."

I brought my hand up and slapped him. "What the hell! What do you mean you can't turn him back!" I demand.

"Nothing is working. Were going to call Magnus Bane. I just needed to tell you."

I sighed. "I trusted you, and you turn my friend into a rat!" I shriek.

"Technically it was the vampires."

"Still! You said you could change him back!"

"Clary -"

"Goodbye Jace."

I turned on my heel and walk to the library. Wow it felt good to slap him. I felt so happy inside. With that, I sashayed into the library. Alec was sitting down at the table, reading a book.

I sat down across from him. He closed the book and looked up at me. He sat up straight, looking me in the eyes.

"Morning Clary."

"Why did you make me wake up at 8:30?" I asked.

"I'd assume that no one would be in here."

I looked up to find it deserted. Hodge wasn't even in here.

"I guess your right."

"Now, there's some things I'd like to say to you."

I was a tad bit nervous. I don't know what he was going to say. What if he knew that I went to see the Vampires yesterday? What if he knows who my mother is? "Okay."

He leaned in close to me and sized me up. "I want you to leave here."

"What? I asked in disbelief. I wasn't expecting this.

"Your going to get us killed."

"What are you talking about? I didn't get anyone killed." I defended.

"You almost got us killed by a Ravener and you almost got Jace killed by a Forsaken."

"Those things were not my fault."

"Really? Since we've had you with us, you've been causing trouble."

"Trouble always comes for you guys! And Jace -" I say, jumping out of my seat.

"Jace thinks he needs to save the world. But you don't need to encourage him to do it." He said, raising to his feet.

"But that's what you guys do."

"Yes. Us. What we do. Were a team. Your dead weight. A weakling."

"I'm not a weakling. And If you were half as brave as you pretend to be you'd admit that -"