Chapter Eleven

It felt magical. That's how it felt while kissing Jace. Our lips moved in sync against each other's. My arms were wrapped around his neck. I was leaning down because I was still on one of the steps of the stairs.

Suddenly, rain started pouring. I laughed and pulled back.

"Yeah we should definitely go." Jace said with a laugh.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me down to the entrance. I started laughing. It was funny. One moment, we're kissing and then the next were getting rained on.

Jace laughed along with me. He pulled me to my room. We stood outside the door, facing each other.

"Sorry about the sprinkler system. Forgot about that." He paused. "You going to sleep?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Aren't you tired?"

He smiled lightly at me. "I've never been more awake."

He touched my cheek. I went on my tip toes and together, we leaned forward. His lips touched mine and I felt a spark. I started smiling in my mind.

I didn't know how much I liked Jace. I always thought he was an ass, a jerk, arrogant, cocky, - well to be quite honest he is cocky -, ungrateful and then add another hundred things people don't like about Jace. But somehow, I managed to look threw those flaws. I met a boy who was only strong and defensive because his father raised him as a warrior. He didn't have toys growing up. He had weapons. Jace is not a normal kid.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a door creak open. I broke from the kiss and turned my head to face my door.

I was surprised to see Simon standing there.

"Simon, I thought you were -"

He cut me off. "In the infirmary? Yeah I was."

I looked at Jace, unsure of what to do.

"Um we were just -"

I was hoping Jace would explain why we were kissing. So when he started speaking I was thrilled. Until I heard the words that came out of his mouth, I was confused.

"Next time it might be a nice idea to mention that you already have a man in your bed, so we can avoid such uncomfortable situations." Jace said with attitude.

"You invited him to bed?" Simon asked with a bitter laugh.

"No I did not invite him into bed." I defended. "We were just kissing."

I saw a look in Jace's eyes that I've never seen before; pain.

"How swiftly you dismiss our love." He said before shoving past me.

I turn. "Jace -"

I sigh as I watch Jace go down the hall. I turn back to face Simon.

"Simon it's late and I'm sorry we woke you."

"So am I." He said and went back into my room.

"Go ahead, go after him. " I heard Jace call from behind me. I whipped around. "Go apologize to him. Go tell him just how special he really is."

I suddenly became very angry and annoyed. "Stop acting like that!"

"Like what?"

"Like nothing ever hurts you!" I shout.

"Well maybe you should've thought about that before you kissed me." He says.

"I kissed you?" I asked incredulously. Did he really say that? He leaned in first. His lips touched mine first!