Chapter Five

I snuck out of my room. I made sure to look both ways before heading off in the direction of the weapons room. There I can get my weapons and my phone. They had taken my weapons. Even though I had my bag, they still searched it and took my stuff. They only left my clothing. I tiptoed down the hallway, always being careful.

When I finally made it to the weapons room, the door was open. I was about to push it open until I heard two people talking.

"What are we going to tell Clary?" A female voice asked. Isabelle.

"I don't know. It's your fault. You tell her something." I recognized that voice to be Jace's.

"My fault!" She hissed.

"Your fault."

"Jace, it was not my fault." She said in a low, warning tone.

"You didn't stay with him." He said. He was surprisingly calm...for now. I could hear in his voice that he was getting mad.

"Bloody hell. The Vampires did it, not me."

"Isabelle, let's talk about this in the morning. We don't want to wake her."

She muttered something before the voices stopped. I heard footsteps. I knew they were coming to the door. I looked around for a place to hide. I saw a table. I sprinted over to it and hid underneath.

I saw Jace and Isabelle walk out of the weapons room. They looked the same from when we came back from Magnus's party. Have they been up this entire time?

When the two were far enough, I came out of my hiding spot. I went over to the door. I gave it a slight push and it opened. Yes! I pushed it open fully and slid inside. I've only been in this room once before and that was to get Jace. I had no idea where my stuff was.

Thankfully it wasn't too hard to find. They had all my stuff in a corner of the room, in a bin. How rude. They don't even treat my stuff with respect.

I rummaged threw it until I found my cell phone. I slid it into my jacket. I kept searching until I found my blade, Amriel.

I went back over to the door and checked if it was clear. When I was sure it was, I sprinted out of the room. I decided to take the stairs down to the door. I didn't need someone catching me on the elevator.

When I got to the door, I did a quick check to make sure no body had followed me. When I was certain, I opened the Institute door, and left.

~*~

There it is. The Hotel Of Death. That's what the vampires call it. I wasn't going to go threw the front door. That would be incredibly stupid. Instead, I walked around the building, attempting to find another door.

When I got to the side, I saw all these dumpsters and garbage covering a part of the wall. I don't know why, but that was suspicious to me. I walked over to it. I pulled the dumpster forward, revealing a little door behind it. I was just about to enter when something stopped me.

"You shouldn't do that." A male voice called.

I whipped around, and saw no one. I squinted, trying to see if I could see somebody. No one was there.

"Who's there?"

A shadow emerged from behind a tree. He was short. Thin boned and he had honey coloured skin. He looked like he was Jace's age. The boy wore black slacks with a white t-shirt.

"You shouldn't go in there." He warned.

I raised an eyebrow at him. "And why not?"

"Because it's haunted. Cursed. My brother went in there and never came out."