Chapter 2

I woke up the next morning at around eight. I didn't want to get up but I knew I had to. I rolled out of bed and went over to my dresser.

I pulled out some black jeans and slipped into them. Then, I got a white turtle neck, because I was cold. I threw a black leather jacket over top of it. I slipped into my combat boots. I grabbed my phone before leaving my room.

When I opened my door, I was surprised to see Isabelle standing there, arm up, ready to knock. She had a worried expression plastered across her face.

"Isabelle? What's wrong?" I asked, immediately getting worried.

"It's Jace." She said.

"What happened to Jace?" I demanded.

"He's gone."

The worry left and I suddenly became very frustrated.

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me." I muttered, before shutting my door and walking past Isabelle.

She quickly fell into step beside me as we walked to the elevator, and took it down to the main floor.

"Where do you think he went?" She asked.

"I have no clue." I admitted. "Shouldn't you at least have some ideas? You lived with him practically all your life. You know him better then I."

"All the places we thought he could be, we checked. No one seems to have a clue where he could be."

"Can't Alec find him through the parabatai bond?" I asked.

"You know it doesn't work like that."

"Yeah, but I wish it did." I muttered.

We came to a stop when my phone started to ring. I pulled it out of my pocket, hoping it was Jace. Instead, it was Luke. I sighed before answering the call.

"Hey Luke, have you seen Jace?" I asked.

"That's why I'm calling you. I'm with him right now." He said.

"You found him?" I asked, looking at Isabelle.

"More like he found me."

"Is he alright?"

"He has a few cuts and bruises. He thought it'd be smart to pick a fight with a werewolf fight." Luke said.

"Dumbass." I muttered.

"But he's fine." Luke said, reassuring me.

"Where are you?"

Luke was at a bar called the Hunter's Moon. It was on Hester street, in Chinatown. I ended the call and looked at Isabelle.

"Where is he? Is he okay?" Isabelle asked.

"He's fine, apparently. I'm going down there to get him. You want to come?"

She opened her mouth to say something but got cut off when someone yelled her name. Isabelle turned around to see Max running towards her.

"What is it Max?" She asked.

"Mom said that you have to teach me today?" He said.

"Can't Alec do it?" Izzy asked.

"He's out."

"I don't have a choice, do I?"

"Nope." Max said with a grin.

She groaned and turned back to face me.

"Looks like I'm not coming. I don't want you going alone though. Bring Simon."

"What if it's dangerous?" I said.