Chapter Twelve

The four of us stood around a table in my room, staring down at the tarot card. All of us were silent.

"Why are we here?" Alec asked, annoyance leaking threw his voice.

"We can get the cup." Isabelle stated.

"The cup is non-existent."

"Are you sure about that?" Isabelle asked.

Alec scoffed. "I'm pretty damn sure. Nobody has seen it in years."

Isabelle turned to stare at me. "How do you even know you can get the cup?"

"When I was in the library, I accidentally put my cup of tea into my sketchbook. I remembered what we tried to do that one day and stuck my Hand in the paper. I pulled the cup out of the page." I turned and looked at Jace. "The block Magnus and Madame Dorothea were talking about? It's about this. If Valentine knew that I knew how to take the cup out, he would've taken me. So my mom put the block on me so I wouldn't know and if he looked into my mind, neither would he."

"That makes sense." Jace said after a while.

"For a Chinese Folktale." Alec shrieked.

I rolled my eyes and stared at Isabelle. "Let's try this. What's the harm right?"

Isabelle nodded her head eagerly. "Do it."

I looked at the three people around me. Three people that I have learned to love. Including Alec even though he hates me. My attention moved to the tarot card. Taking a deep breath, I put my hand into the card. I expected it to rebound off the card but it didn't. It went there. I moved my hand around and got a grip on the cup. Slowly, I pulled it out.

We all stared in amazement at the cup. I haven't actually seen it up close. My mom never took the cup out of the tarot card. It's been locked inside the card for a good 12 years. Maybe even longer.

"Oh my god." Isabelle mumbled in amazement.

"It's actually the cup." Jace mumbled.

"You've got to be kidding me." Alec muttered.

I shoved my hand back into the tarot card putting the cup back inside. I stared at the card without saying a word. The silence was making me feel a little uncomfortable. I was glad when someone finally picked up.

"How did you know the cup was in there?" Alec asked.

"Because I watched my mother put the cup inside the card." I said.

Alec's left eye twitched. "That means you've known where the cup has been this entire time but didn't bother to tell anyone!" He shouted, each word getting louder then the last.

"It wouldn't have made a difference." I snapped.

"How?"

"Because until today I didn't know I had this ability."

The room fell silent.

"What do we do now?" Jace asked.

I looked at him. "I don't know. I'm going to talk with Raphael."

"You trust him?" Jace asked with bewilderment.

"He's helped me more then you have." I snapped.

He narrowed his eye at me. "I've helped you plenty."

"Yes you have. But none of that was useful." I pointed at Isabelle. "Isabelle saving me from werewolves; helpful. Isabelle giving me the idea that I could possibly take things out of paper; helpful. You? I can't remember anything helpful that you have done." I didn't realize that I was shouting.