Chapter Sixteen

-Luke's POV-

Clary ran down the hallway to go find Jace. I sighed as I watched her leave. That was probably the last time I'll ever see her. I stared at Alaric who had gone into transition. He wasn't a full wolf but he had the canines and the claws. I did the same and held the seraph blade tightly in my hand.

"You ready Alaric?" I asked him, trying hard to keep the nervousness out of my voice.

"Ready Luke."

The demons were free. They ran forward before noticing that no one was there. We had all moved. They turned around and when they saw Alaric and I standing there, they charged at us. We let out a battle cry and ran forward. We each had three demons on us, making there six in total.

I directed the blade so it hit the demon. It just vanished. I turned to the next one. It was hard to beat something that you can barely touch.

We fought and fought. It seemed to be going on for hours but was only minutes. A demon pushed me down. The blade slid from my hands. I went to reach for it but the demon gripped me and pulled me away. It threw me repeatedly against the wall. I fell limp. Just as the demon was about to kill me, Alaric jumped in front of me, the demon slashing his chest.

"Alaric!" I screamed.

Alaric fell to the floor. I grabbed him, slapping his cheeks to wake him up. To keep him alive. But it was to late. He was dead.

I got a sudden rush of adrenaline. I looked up at the demons, my eyes glowing yellow. I growled at the demons as I got up. I grabbed the sword from off the ground and fought against the demons. It was one against 20. Maybe there were more but I couldn't tell.

Everything happened in a blur. The next thing I remember is me killing the last of the demons. I was extremely weak and I knew more would be coming. I had to find a place to hide. I decided to run into one of the rooms.

As I ran inside, I stopped abruptly at the sight of the wall. Along the wall, were all different types of weapons. I walked towards the wall, running my hand against all the different types of weapons.

This will be helpful.

-Isabelle's POV-

I ran around the entire building. There was nothing. The demons had to be coming in from somewhere! Something clicked. The roof!

I ran up at the steps. I went to the highest point. That's where I found it. Valentine must've done some type of spell, because fire was shooting from the ground and up into the sky. How we didn't notice this before, I do not know.

There were birds flying around the entire area. I saw a fire blower and hastily picked it up. I started blowing fire at the birds, trying to kill them. As I looked up, I saw that the dome was open, which was no doubt letting the demons in.

I ran to the lever to try and close it, but it wouldn't budge. I tried over and over again but it wouldn't seem to work. I groaned in frustration as I started blowing fire at the birds again.

Maybe a piece was taken out from the lever, preventing it from being closed. I was beyond pissed right now. I came here for a simple rescue mission and I ended up having to fight demons. I can't believe -

"Isabelle!" I heard a voice yell.

I knew that voice.

"Simon! What the bloody hell are you doing in here?" I demanded.

"I managed to get away from Oliver. I had to help you."

"How did you even know I was here?"

"Lucky guess?"

I was to busy 'fighting' the birds to care about how Simon found me. I rolled my eyes and prayed to god that Simon doesn't get killed.

"Okay Simon I need you to listen very carefully. Hidden somewhere in this room is a piece to the lever. Without it, it won't close. I need you to find that piece." I instructed him.

Simon rapidly nodded his and went to work. I continued at setting the birds on fire. Simon needed to close find that piece now before it's to late.

"I can't find it!" Simon said with panic.

"Look harder!" I shouted just as a bird striked me in my side. It hurt like a bitch but I had to keep fighting.

"Isabelle..." Simon said.

"What!" I asked, turning around. That's when I saw a man in a cloak coming towards us. "Simon get back."

The man pulled back the tip of his hood, far enough for me to see the beast who lied beneath the hood. And what I saw was a complete shock to me.

"Hodge?"

He said nothing as he went to a corner in the room. He pulled out a mechanical piece. Hodge made his way over to the lever and put the piece in. With all his might, he turned the lever. I looked up to see the dome closing. Once it was closed, Hodge made his way to us.

"I've seen the error in my ways. Let me make it up to you by helping you beat Valentine."

It took a lot in me to give him the fire blower. A reason being that I was in no shape to fight off the birds. As I passed it to him, Simon put his arm around my waist, keeping me upright.

"Thank you." I whispered to Hodge.

"If I die tonight, just know that I never meant to hurt you guys. Especially Alec."

With that, Simon dragged me away from the roof.

_________________________
___________________
_________________
_______________
_____________
___________
_________
_______
_____
___
_
___
_____
_______
_________
___________
_____________
_______________
_________________
___________________
_____________________
_______________________
_________________________

Hi. I know I'm late but,

Happy New Years 🎉

So this chapter is just a filler, letting you know what happened to the other two. Because it's not all about clary.

*laughs because it basically it*

So I probably have two or three more chapters left. I don't know if whether or not I want to make a sequel. I have so many different stories I'm writing. Like I'm making a teen wolf one rn.

Comment if you want me to. If so I will put teen wolf on pause and write that sequel.

Teaser: sister and brother?

Kisses