Chapter Fifteen

We arrived at the auto repair shop shortly after. Luke parked the car and got out. I quickly followed after him.

Along the street were a series of different vehicles. Buses, jeeps, van and SUVs.

Luke and I walked together and met half way with a guy with short black hair. He looked oddly familiar.

"Alaric." Luke said happily. He and Alaric did a bro hug.

"Luke."

"You got everyone?" He asked.

"Yup. We're all ready for the fight." Alaric's eyes passed over me. With a warm smile, he greeted me. "Clarissa."

"How do you know my name?" I asked.

"You don't remember me?"

Then it clicked. Sure the hair was shorter but now I know where I've seen him.

"You're the werewolf that came to the hotel." I said with realization. "You cut your hair."

He chuckled. "Indeed I did."

"Well I'd love to stay here and chit chat but I want to go find my mom."

Alaric nodded. Luke gave him instructions to tell everyone else. With a simple nod of the head, Alaric was off. Luke and I walked back to the car. I took a seat in the passengers seat and looked over at Luke.

"Go ahead." I started. "You can hang your head out the window if you need to." I smirked at the end.

Luke glared at me. "I'm a werewolf. Not a golden retriever."

I stifled a laugh as Luke started up the truck, and pulled away from the auto repair shop.

There was no talking the entire ride. I didn't really know what to say anyways. I was nervous yet excited. I was finally going to see my mom again but what if she's dead?

Before I knew it, Luke was pulling off to the side of the street. I looked forward and my eyes almost bulged out of my head with what I saw in front of me. I unbuckled my seatbelt and quickly got out.

"Isabelle?" I asked.

"Finally. You guys took so long." She complained.

"What... How -"

"Magnus showed up. Told me to go help you. Simons just peeing -"

"Simons here!" I shriek.

Isabelle unconsciously took a step book due to the loudness of my voice.

"Yes... Was I not supposed to do that?"

"What if he gets hurt."

"Don't worry. He'll be with me." She said, trying to reassure me.

It's not that I don't trust Simon with Isabelle, I do. It's just the fact that if she gets hurt and/or can't protect Simon, what will he do?

I narrowed my eyes at her. "If anything happens to him, I will hold you liable."

Right after I said those words, Simon came running towards us. He had a grin on his face when he saw me but it immediately turned into a frown when he saw me glaring at him. He looked over at Isabelle and I could tell they were having a silent conversation. She just shrugged and he turned back to me.

"Okay. So I'm guessing you scoped out the area." I said to Isabelle.

"Definitely. And we have a slight problem."

"What's that?"

"Forsakens."

I groaned. "Can't any be easy?"