Big brain

Just saw this on instagram under someone's page so I copied and pasted it.
"sk8 spoilers cas don't read this!! I was rewatching sk8 (again) and I wanted to talk about the scene of adam and langa in the zone. I hadn't realized before just how much adam projected onto langa until now. the ideal world he was describing to langa, it was what he wanted for himself, "no more cruel expectations, no one giving you orders, in this life the only commitment you have is to the thrill of skating" he's always being tied down by the fact that he's a shindo. every action he makes is seen by his aunts and the public eye, he's always being watched. he wants to be free of that. before his first race with reki, before he took off, he's talking about smoking, he says he can't do it at work, but "here I'm free. I can do anything I want" skating is his one escape, so it would make perfect sense for him to ideally have it be his only commitment. the part of his speech in the zone that really felt like he was talking to himself, was when he said "forget all of it. every last thing in your past, let it go." adam doesn't know anything about langa's past other than that he was a snowboarder, so it wouldn't really make sense to try to appeal to langa that way. however, we all know adam's past is extremely... rough, to say the least. there was always something keeping him from being happy, he was abused, his father took away skating, tadashi didn't stick up for him, his only friends starting pulling away from him when he changed. in an ideal world, him wanting to forget all of that is completely understandable. so what I'm really trying to get at here is that he has been projecting himself onto his ideal eve. he's been chasing the version of himself that's happy, that isn't burdened by his past. that's why when langa disappears from the zone, adam freaks out, but then claims eve never existed, that it was all a lie, that he'd always be alone. always be unhappy, always be stuck in this world that treats him like this. he was trying to make langa his eve by creating a world where he'd be happy, except langa is his own person, so that was never going to work in the first place"