Chapter 12: Boot Camp (Part 2)

CHAPTER 12: BOOT CAMP PART 2.

Nick’s POV:

“Come on curly, let’s go back to mines already” Rose nagged, tossing her long blonde hair over her shoulder as she leaned further into me.

The meeting with Demi had ended and I had made my way over to Mac’s earlier than was planned. I was currently sitting at a table downing the last of my fourth mug of beer with Rose straddling me.  On any other night we would’ve gotten the hell out of this place by now but tonight even after four glasses I couldn’t find any ease. There was something nagging at me and it was what I had said to Demi earlier on.  

Damn that girl! I thought.

“Nick just hurry up and finish the beer I want to go” Rose’s voice was starting to get on my nerves now. I had met her through a mutual friend in New York. A girl named Francesca who I had also had the pleasure of getting cosily acquainted with.

“I think I’ll order another glass” I put in.

“Nick you promised we’d be gone like an hour ago”

“Well I’m just in the mood to drink here tonight. Why don’t we just stay here and I’ll drop you off at home afterwards.” I wasn’t in the mood to do any frolicking of any sort tonight.

“Dammit Nick what’s gotten into you tonight?” Rose said, getting off me and standing in front of me with her hands on her hips. She really was a beauty; with blonde hair and green eyes. Pity she threw her life away working in a joint like this.

“Just work and stuff. None of your concern really.” I owed her no explanation; we weren’t a couple or anything. Sure I cared about the girl and took care of her but I had never shared anything personal with her before. It wasn’t going to start happening now.

She must’ve sensed it because she picked up her handbag then and said “Wow Nick thanks for making me feel like I really do mean nothing to you.” and tossing her long locks she turned and left.

Good one Nick, I thought. You spent three months in NYC getting over your brother’s girlfriend and now the first time you see her again you go and make her angry. And now you can’t stop thinking about her, AGAIN. Epic fail.

I can’t let her stay mad at me. If I want this platonic relationship to work out for the sake of this damn family I have to make good with her. Didn’t she say they were having a pool party of some sort?

Guess it’s not such a bad idea to drop in on it after all, I thought.

❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

Demi’s POV:

“Would you like another martini Miss Lovato?” I looked to see the waiter looking at me with the empty glass in my hand.  It had already finished and I hadn’t even noticed.

“Yes please” I replied, handing him the empty glass and he walked off to get me a new one.

It was 10pm and the party was in full throttle. Some people were standing pool side chatting to each other while other were on the makeshift dance floor towards the house end of the pool dancing to the music. The speakers were currently blasting out a One Direction song and I could see little Jennel Garcia mouthing all the words as she bounced up and down on the dance floor.

The sight brought a smile to my face. Jennel was so carefree and it amused me that despite not knowing whether she would be put through tomorrow; she still managed to look on the bright side of things. Boring my ass, I thought.

Nick had no idea what he was talking about. Jennel was not just some plain Miss Jane standing off to the side like a wallflower, the girl had energy and life that was infectious to others around her. If I reminded him of her then I sure as hell wasn’t boring either.