Chapter 26: Shape Of My Heart

Dedication: This chapter is dedicated to oOAeroOo who was one of my FIRST readers, thank you for your continuing support doll.

CHAPTER 26: SHAPE OF MY HEART

Demi’s POV:

“Nick’s making his comeback.” Selena smiled.

“He’s back in New York?” I replied, curiously. We were at our usual café spot in town having the usual cup of coffee. It’d been two months since I had last seen Nick; since he had left my doorstep. Niall had returned and everything had gone on as usual. I hadn’t really wanted to think about those last few moments with Nick and had done what I’d usually done when I didn’t want to deal with unresolved (because that’s how it felt) feelings; I pushed it to the back of my mind.

“No he’s still in LA and his new resume is singing. Don’t tell me you haven’t heard his new song?”

“Song?” Ireplied, with raised eyebrows. “He’s gone solo?”

“Yeah he signed with Def Jam records last month and they dropped his new single like a week later. It was something he’d composed and written himself. It’s already number one on the billboard hot 100. Omg Demi where have you been the last month!” Selena exclaimed, rolling her eyes.

“I’ve been in the studio you know that” I replied, annoyed.

“Yeah anyway the song is called Shape of my Heart and it’s a masterpiece!” she squealed, fishing out her ipod and continuing to scroll through it. “I found it” she finally said.

“Hold on” I objected, “What makes you think I wanna hear his song?”

“Oh don’t be such a sour puss Demi, just have a listen it’s quite good.” Selena replied, as the first few notes of the song started to play.

♪ …..Baby please try to forgive me

Stay here don’t put out the glow

You can save me from the man that I’ve become

Looking back on the things I’ve done I was trying to be someone

Played my part that kept you in the dark

Now let me show you the shape of my heart……..♪

The song was good. It was really good. But it left an uneasy feeling in me that I couldn’t quite put a finger on.

“Isn’t it so sensual and perfect!” Selena remarked, excitedly.

I nodded in response.

“It’s also so sad.” I added after a while.

“Well he did write it about a former love of his, so I guess that’s just his way of venting.” Selena replied.

“What!?”  I replied, almost choking on the scone I had taken a bite off.

“Yeah, he’s telling a story about some girl who left him and that he obviously still cared for deeply. It’s romantic if you ask me and I hope that girl hears the song and realizes what a catch she had with Nick. Do you think its Delta? Or Emma?”

I was speechless.

“He wrote the song back in January actually but he just let it sit. It wasn’t until recently he finally decided to release it. I don’t know what triggered it maybe he finally got his girl back.” Selena was going on.

Or maybe he’s finally realized it’s really over and he’s moving on now, I thought.

“Well whatever it is that made him release the song, thanks to them. The song is highly praised by so many song critics. It’s a beautiful piece of work.”