Chapter 25: Nick's Confession

THIS chapter is dedicated to Andrea Mauvais, who was the first ever to vote on my work. Thank you lovely for your support. Stay tuned for more dedications :) 

CHAPTER 25: NICK’S CONFESSION

Demi’s POV:

I felt the colour drain from my face as soon as I flung the front door open.

Of all people to appear at my front door, I had never imagined it would be him standing there.

In his worn out blue jeans and familiar brown Rollin Stones t-shirt with his hair looking like it needed a good comb through as the curls fell over his eyes.  

Nick

“Wha-wha-what are you doing here?” I stammered, recollecting myself slightly after being shocked into silence by his appearance.

He stood there looking somewhat unsure of himself, like he had no idea how he had ended up on my front doorstep as well.

“I-I-I…” he sputtered, biting on his lip nervously.

It suddenly hit me. He reeked of alcohol. He had been drinking.

“You’re drunk” I replied flatly. “Why are you here, drunk on my doorstep Nick Jonas?”

“I have to talk to you. I need to talk to you.” He pleaded his eyes full of emotion.

“I haven’t seen you in months, what on Earth could you need to talk to me about?” I retorted. I didn’t know what to make of him being here. I didn’t know if I should be mad or not. Surprised was my biggest reaction. I hadn’t expected him to come here; he had been off my mind for awhile now. What was this about?

I didn’t know why I did it but I found myself standing back from the door and ushering him inside.

I don’t know if it was pity at the sight of him. He looked pounds lighter; his clothes just seem to hang off him like a coat hanger. His hair was unruly as ever, looking like it needed a good combing as well as a good wash. He still had the same features but laced with gaunt and kind of sickly pale as well. Standing there in my doorway looking like he was about to keel over and pass out.

And you can’t let him get behind the wheel of that car Demi, my mind was saying. Not in his state anyways.

I silently stood back from the doorway signalling for him to come inside.

He slowly made his way into the living room and sat himself down on one of the white leather sofas. I placed myself across from him, a coffee table separating us.

“You look good.” He suddenly remarked, his eyes fixed on my face.

I suddenly remembered I was dressed only in my bathrobe and had nothing on underneath. I felt myself tug my robe closer around me feeling vulnerable and embarrassed under his gaze.

“Ermm, sorry for my state. I wasn’t expecting visitors.” I murmured, avoiding his gaze.

“That’s my bad.” He looked apologetic.

“This is quite the place’’ he remarked, looking around the room. “You’ve done quite well for yourself”

“It’s not my place I’m only just a tenant” I replied.

“It’s Niall’s place, I know.” He responded, in a straight voice.

I merely nodded.

Confusion had me riddled. Why was here? And this small talk was as awkward as anything.