Chapter 24: Newspaper Worthy

CHAPTER 24: Newspaper Worthy

Demi’s POV:

“You guys are already front page news” Selena remarked, from over her cup of joe.

“I can see” I replied, glancing dreadfully at the newspaper stand outside the café we were having breakfast at. Plastered across the front page was a large picture of Niall and me holding hands somewhere in downtown LA.

The day had just been the week before when Niall and I had gone out to do some grocery shopping.  We didn’t see the paparazzi guy who was taking photos of us from his car until it was too late. We could do nothing about it, our secret was out.

“It’s nothing to be ashamed about though” Selena reassured, “Everyone has been waiting for you guys to couple up for so long now.”

“Yeah but I just wish we’d had a bit more time before it became public knowledge” I shrugged. It had only been two weeks, I thought.

“I wonder how Joe will react” Selena blurted out.

“Why does it matter its none of his business” I replied, tensely. The Jonas brothers had been the furtherest thing from my mind for a long time now. The only feelings I had toward them now was pity and hatred.

“I guess you’re right” Selena replied, “He’s moved on as well by the looks of things.”

“Moved on?” I smirked. “Joe Jonas has been through the entire Hollywood population since we broke up. He’s way past what we had.”

“It’s too bad you lost touch with Nick as well though” Selena interjected. “He really was the only one I felt sorry for, guilted by his own brother into lying to his best friend.”

“He’s exactly like his brother.” I snapped abruptly.

“I know. It’s just that I think he’s really sorry about it. And to top it all off I hear the guy’s been having a real rough time.”

“What do you mean?” I asked, curiously.

“Well he broke up with his girlfriend, and lost his acting job in New York. And now he’s just bumming around doing nothing with his life.”

“Really?” I was surprised. I had thought Nick would’ve gone back to New York and continued with his career. I almost felt sorry for him.

“Well he apparently had his share of girls as well, and is now back to the bottle.” Selena explained.

“That doesn’t sound like a rough time” I smirked. He seems to be enjoying himself just fine, it’s a wonder how I ever wasted my time on him.

“Yeah well you can’t help but feel sorry-“ Selena started.

“Ok Sel stop talking about it now” I jumped in. “I really don’t want to know about how Nick and Joe are doing. I’m over that part of my life okay, so drop it!”

“Sorry” Selena said apologetically.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Nick’s POV:

“I told you they would end up together” Joe snarled, shoving the news paper my way. “Hollywood’s new IT couple my ass. They won’t last a month because she’s too damn high strung.”

I picked up the paper he’d tossed over and found myself looking at a photo of Demi holding hands with some guy. The headline read “They are finally together: Niall and Demi!”.  I glanced at the photo again, she was laughing at something he’d said while he was smiling at her. They looked so happy and perfect I felt myself begin to get sick. I quickly folded the paper and put it aside.