Chapter 33: Endgame (Part 1)

This is a two part chapter. This is the first part. Next part will be up within week as well. Thanks for reading. Please vote. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nick's POV:

After about an hour I'd been able to console her and finally put her to bed. There hadn't been many words on my part. I just held her as she cried after spilling what she thought, and spewing her guts. She was exhausted.

I was exhausted. But i had stayed up all night. 

Emma awoke the next day. I had expected more of the disheveled act she'd thrown the night before but oddly enough, nothing.

She didn't mention anything of what she'd said to me, most importantly, about how she'd said she wanted me to choose. Knocking me completely off my guard.

She'd seen me before i saw her.

I turned to see her taking in the sight of me. I'd been sitting in the bedside chair the whole night, elbows resting on legs, head mostly in hand. I saw a look of confusion flush across her flustered features, eyes red and makeup smeared all over. 

She probably thought i looked worse for wear than she did. 

"Hi" a small noise escaped her. Her face had changed to what looked like guilt. 

I was exhausted. Beyond it. I couldn't even talk. I couldn't even put into words what i had spent the whole night thinking.

Seeing my confusion, she pushed back the bed sheets and sat up, proceeding to make her way off the bed and towards me.

I just sat.

She slowly lowered herself to the floor in front of me, taking my hands in hers and looking up at me eagerly.

"About last night..." she started. "I just want you to know I didn't mean any of what I said."

Her words shocked me. I immediately sat back, withdrawing from her grasp.

"What do you mean?" I asked, slightly annoyed. Annoyed that she'd put in that position and was now attempting to take it all back like it was just going to fade and we'd move on as always.

"Isn't that what you wanna hear?" she asked, looking slightly hurt.

"So im just supposed to forget what you said?" I whispered, looking at her quizically.

''Look i know it was alot but i was drunk" she exclaimed.

I took a breathe to reply but she cut in 

"But that's not an excuse because all of what i said was true. She loved you, or still does but so do I. And it wasn't fair for me to put that all on you and especially accusing you of loving her too." 

Her grip on me tightened and her eyes started to water.

"I'm sure you DID love her Nick, and maybe a little part of you still does. But i realized now that you asked ME to marry you, not her. That decision should've been enough for me but i kept scratching the itch and i couldn't let it go. But i know now Nick. I know now that i shouldn't have. That in life people don't always get what they want, and that if given the chance you should hold on tight. That's what im doing Nick, im holding tight. I don't want to lose you. I know now how much you mean to me. You chose me and i don't want to have to put you through the pain of choosing again. I was so blind baby, i was so blind and i should've just seen that you are the only light guiding me, you are right infront of me and always have been."