Chapter 19: Confrontation

Foreword: This chapter is dedicated to you guys who voted, commented and added to your reading lists. I am so grateful for your support and love you guys to pieces :) I will start dedicating to individuals from the next chapter onwards. Thank you once again - Leila.

CHAPTER 19: CONFRONTATION

Demi’s POV:

It took all five minutes to get to what would usually take a twenty minute drive. Fuelled by all the anger boiling up and threatening to burst out of me, I had hit the gas pedal hard without any regard of my road safety. The traffic in LA at night was usually quite busy but I had somehow been overcome by the NASCAR race gods manoeuvring my way out of it in record time. It wasn’t until I had pulled into the carpark of Box’s Bar that I realized I hadn’t even been wearing my seat belt.

Pfttt my safety is the least of my worries right now; I thought hopping out of my car and slamming the car door with vigorous force and stomping toward where the music was coming from.  

It took me a few minutes to spot them because at this point the place had attracted quite a crowd. They were in a corner table with what looked like a few other people.

Great, I thought as I made my way over to them.

Nick saw me coming first and nudged Joe who was busy telling some sob story to their crowd. I didn’t even look at Nick; my eyes were fixated on his brother.

He finally saw me and stopped talking to momentarily bellow out “Hey babe! About time!” followed by everyone turning around to look at me to my further annoyance.

I shot him an icy glare while his crowd of buffoons let out a loud cheer which I took was some sort of drunk welcome act.

“Demi come here sit next to me!” Emma called out.

“The party is really getting underway now” hollered a drunken Kevin.

I didn’t even know who the other people were let alone did I care. I ignored them all and slipped through to stand next to Joe. Nick who was standing in front of Joe saw the cold look in my eyes and stepped out of the way wordlessly.

“Hey baby I’m so glad-“

“We need to talk. Outside.” I cut him off in a hostile, low voice so that no one else around could hear. Nick had turned around to look at us now; his gaze said he was sensing something was wrong.

“Is something wrong babe?” slurred Joe, a look of alarm registering in his dark eyes.

“Get up now.” I snapped, and without another word turned and began shoving my way through the crowd as I walked out of the bar.

He staggered out five minutes later; His shirt unbutton at the top; his jeans creased; he carelessly ran his hand through his mop of dark hair and came to a standstill in front of me, his face looking a tad bit worried.

“Demi what’s going on?” he asked nervously. Something told he already knew what was coming his way. It suddenly registered in my mind that the incident with Sheila was something he had worried a lot over. Even in his half drunk state I knew he was conscious enough to know.

“You know exactly what’s going on Joe.” I said hotly, still trying to keep myself somewhat composed.

“I don’t know-“

“Don’t insult me you idiot you know damn well what I’m talking about!” I snapped.

He didn’t reply and instead stood there with his head hanging like a lost little boy.