Chapter 22: A Change Begins

CHAPTER 22: A CHANGE BEGINS

Demi’s POV:

“Ok spill it. What did you want to talk to me about?” I asked, placing my cup of coffee back onto the table.

After Niall had announced his moving to live in the USA part time; and his so-called proposition, I had been half on edge at what he might have in mind.  

“Well it’s about the house I bought… “ he started. “I was wondering since there’s only one of me and like 5 bedrooms why don’t you move in with me?”

“What?” I replied, shocked. “I already have a place to stay if you haven’t noticed.”

“Yeah I figured but for how much longer are you going to intrude on poor Selena.” He replied, eyebrows raised.

He had a point. Selena had offered to take me in out of pity until I got back on my feet when things between Joe and I had ended abruptly. She never complained or mentioned it but I knew I had overstayed my welcome. I had to get out and find my own place soon.

“I’d be intruding on you too though,” I replied, unconvinced.

“No you won’t” he continued, “I’d be on living here in LA half the time but I’d still be spending a lot of time back in the UK. You could be my tenant as well as my house sitter.”

 “You don’t have to pay for anything I’ve sorted it all out. I just really need another person living in to look after the house while I’m away and to be frank, you’re the only person I trust with it.”

It actually made sense, I thought. I’d be doing him and favour and he’d be doing me one too seeing as how I hadn’t made any attempt to find new lodgings at all.

“I guess that would be ideal” I said slowly, thinking things rapidly over in my head in case I ended up regretting making such a decision so quickly.

Being friends with Niall was great, but living with him was a whole new ball game. I was still unsure at the curveballs he would throw me sometimes; when he would unexpectedly get ‘more’ than friendly with me. Did I really think I could live with him?

“I move in at the end of the week so make your mind up Lovato because I’d be travelling back and forth starting next week so I’ll need a live-in by then.” He added.

“You expect me to make a decision now!?” I exclaimed stunned.

“It’s not a big deal Demi, they’re just living arrangements. I’m not asking you to marry me for goodness sake.” He chuckled.

“Oh the answer to that question is a lot easier.” I mocked.

“So you say now” he shot back grinning. This was what worried me. Sometimes I didn’t know if the guy was kidding with his come-ons or not. And what was more worrying was how I was constantly in turmoil in my reactions. Part of me liked it, and part told me to stay as far away as possible.

But my situation was real enough; I had to move out from Selena’s. And the opportunity Niall presented was probably the easiest and most convenient at the moment.

“Okay then” I replied, nodding. “I’ll move in by the weekend.”

“Perfect!” he responded, beaming.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Nick’s POV:

“Is anyone else getting tired of that bloody British boy band overstaying their welcome in our country?” Joe said, scowling at the One Direction music video playing on the television set.