Chapter 29: Europa

Demi’s POV:

*3 months later; November*

‘’This is actually not where I thought you would be in three months!” Selena exclaimed joyously.

“The fact that you doubted me hurts!” I replied laughing, popping a pecan in my mouth with my free hand while swivelling what was left of my wine in the other hand.

We were at a bar. In Germany.

Selena was currently on her European tour and I had co-signed to be her opening act. It had already been two weeks away from home and things were great.

It had also been 3 months since Niall and I had parted ways. Surprisingly he had gotten in touch with me again and our friendship had somewhat been saved.

I had the suspicious feeling as well that he and Selena were getting closer, anyone could see the attraction. Selena hadn’t admitted it yet to me but I already knew I was okay with it. They seemed to light up around each other, more so than he and I had been with each other.

Our breakup had not gone unnoticed though.

“Power pop couple splits!” the LA Times headline read not a week after we had parted.

I had managed to avoid the media for a while though. So had Niall.

It all eventually blew over.

“Oh I was pretty sure you would still grovelling at Nick’s feet still” Selena joked, smiling mischievously my way.

“Don’t remind me” I grumbled rolling my eyes at which we both busted out laughing.

Nick was a distant memory now for me.

Finding out he was getting serious with Emma what’s-her-face had been more or less a wakeup call.

Major detox followed. I had gone on a two week vacation to the Bahamas with a few girlfriends including Selena and I got the dose of life and fun that I had been missing out for such a long time.

I still had fond memories of him. But we did not run in the same circles anymore and so I surprisingly found myself moving on little by little.

That was over two months ago and now I was me again. The me I always thought I should be.

“I’m glad you came with me on this trip” Selena said, a smile on her face.

“Me too” I replied. Having her around had been the ultimate help. We still lived together and I had never felt the need for male companionship as long as I had her.

But there was still something I wanted to talk to her about.

“Sel” I started, “I know how you and Niall feel about each other”

She seemed taken aback from my forwardness. A look of shock registering on her face.

“Demi I-I-I” she stuttered.

I burst out laughing.

“Sel it’s okay!”

“What?” she legit seemed confused.

“Look, anyone a mile away can feel the chemistry between you two…. Not to mention the sexual tension” I winked. “And I’m okay with it Sel, I actually want you guys to give it a try, you would make a perfect couple.”

Selena looked like she didn’t believe me and I was talking crazy talk.

“I’m not kidding okay” I smiled at my best friend.