Chapter 18: An Unexpected Visitor

CHAPTER 18: AN UNEXPECTED VISITOR

Demi’s POV:

Where are you? Come on already you’re missing out on all the fun. The text read.

I looked at the clock on the wall; it read 9:00pm.

It had been three hours since I had left the Jonas house and going onto two since Joe, Nick, Kevin and Emma had been at the bar in town. I had stalled for as long as I could and had finally decided it was time to meet them. They had probably drunk enough and had a good hour before everyone decided to heave hoed on home.

I was rushing to get ready amidst interruptions from my phone going off with text messages for Joe.

I’m coming gimme half an hour I punched in before hitting send and turning my phone off. My inbox was packed full with Joe’s messages and I had come to the conclusion he was probably drunk.

Great I’d probably have to play babysitter tonight, I thought as I tugged on my skinny jeans. Throwing on a black velvet sleeveless top I stood back to look at myself in the mirror. Don’t even bother with your hair Demi you won’t be there long, I thought running a quick brush through and making for the door.

Keys! Where had I left them I thought as I scavenged around the lounge. I was on my knees looking under a couch when I heard a knock at the door. I didn’t hear it at first but it eventually grew louder and I shot up to my feet, in surprise.

I wonder who that is? I thought making my way over to the door. Had Joe come home already? I half expected it to be him when I opened it but instead came face to face with a pretty blonde girl with blue eyes.

“Um what can I do for you?” I asked the stranger. She seemed surprised to see me and was taken aback for a moment.

“You’re Demi.” She finally managed to say, recollecting herself.

“Yes?” I replied, subconsciously before adding, “Look media and fans are not allowed on the property.”

“I’m not either of those.” She replied, a cold look in her blue eyes. I felt the slightest chill come over me.

“What can I do for you then?” I asked, feeling a little alarmed at who this girl could be. Something about the look in her eyes, unnerved me.

“I’m here for Joe.” She said in a stiff voice.

“He’s not here.” I responded, “Are you a friend or family member?” I couldn’t help but ask.

“No.”

“How do you know him?” I couldn’t help myself. I did not recognise this girl, and her business with Joe was suddenly forefront in my mind.

“Wouldn’t you like to know” she replied, a smirk spreading over her pretty features.

I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach.

“Tell me who you are now.” I commanded her in a flat tone.

She must’ve sensed the seriousness in my voice because for a moment the smirk on her face faltered. But some sort of realization must have gone through her head because she decidedly folded her arms in front of her and in a matching seriousness in her voice said “I’m the other woman.”

I didn’t know what to think or feel at that moment. I felt all the air rush out of me and my head start to spin. I quickly shot my hand out to grab the door frame for support. The girl must have sensed the toll her words were taking on me because she hurriedly added, “Maybe we should go inside.”