Chapter 30: Home

Sorry this took so long, thanks for your patience. This chapter is just sort of an intermission. Another will be up today. Sorry also that the layout for this chapter looks sort of diff or flat compared to the past ones, but my Word has expired and i had to used text to type this up. It looks horrid i know. Thanks .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEMI'S POV --

"Hi honey welcome back! we've missed you so much!" mom was all over me in a second. her arms went around so fast the bags in my arms went 

straight to the floor. 

"Okay youre suffocating me" i managed to sputter, struggling for breath at her tight grip.

"Oh sorry baby, im just so happy you're home finally" she replied, untangling herself from me. My mom was shorter than me but she could probably 

pick me up with one hand and toss me across the room. 

"And im loving your new hair" she continued, running her hand through my now shoulder length, blonde hair. "It suits you!" 

"Thanks, i needed the change'' I replied, looking around the lounge.

Everything still looked the same. The only thing missing were people. Mom had the entire LA house to herself nowadays. Dad was always in Dallas

running the family restaurant, and my sisters had their own careers keeping them on their toes (and away from home). No wonder mom was always 

so ecstatic to have us come home, on the rare occasions. She was lonely.

I was the closest located to her. But LA was a big place and work kept me away as well. which was why i had decided to drop in on her right after

the tour. 

LAX  -> Lovato household.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Ive missed you. Ive missed everyone." mom said, placing a pitcher of ice tea on the counter across from me and sitting herself down. She looked sad. 

I reached out and grip her hand in mine, "Mom why dont you just move back to Dallas with dad"

"I can't. You know this is the fort, dad is only there until he finds an able replacement for store manager."

"But who knows long dad will be away for!" i exclaimed. 

"I can't leave this place unattended to anyways" 

There really was no arguing with my mother. 

Suddenly she seemed to light up. A smile spreading across her face.

"What is it?" i asked, unsure as to what crazy plot my mom had already mustered up in her mind. 

"I was thinking...." she began, "... that maybe you and selena could move her while i go to Dallas?"

"But we already have a condo" i replied, quizzically.

"Yeah but why waste money paying for it, when you could live her for free? the house has practically everything you could want!"

She sounded like a real estate agent. 

"Well...." i pondered to myself. she did have a point. 

"It's only for a few months im sure" mom continued, "then dad and I will be back and you guys can go back to your condo!"

"Okay let me talk to Selena first" was my reply. 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Selena agreed. 

And a month or so later we'd moved into the large 7 bedroom house after seeing my mom off on her flight to Texas. 

"I seriously could live her forever" Selena exclaimed, eyeing the large open lobby. 

"Is it big enough for us two?" I joked, causing us to break out into a fit of giggles.

"Is it just me or have you moved homes like a million times in the last year?" Selena asked, eyebrows raised.

"You know i never realized it" I replied. "Oh well, lets hope my ass stays put in this place for a while."

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

"Niall and I are going out to dinner, you wanna maybe come along?" Sel asked

"Oh hell no" i looked up from the kitchen bench where i was checking my twitter on the laptop. "I aint going to be no third wheel to you guys"

"Niall doesnt mind" Sel interjected.

"No thanks" I smiled reassuredly at her. "You guys are just getting to know each other, you dont need me there. And plus i'd rather stay in tonight with my 

boyfriend, ice cream."

Selena laughed, ran over to hug me and then pounced upstairs to get ready. 

An hour later she was gone.

I was glad Selena and Niall or Seniall as i liked to call them were getting along. actually they were getting along better than fine. they seemed like a 

match made in heaven. alot better i had noticed, than he and i had gotten along. Niall needed someone who needed him as much as he needed them

and well let's be honest, i wasn't that needy.

Needy. the word seemed so vulgar to me now. 

The last thing i needed right now and for a long time i realized was another failed relationship. i was so tired of trying. maybe going at it alone was really 

what i needed. Before she had left, my mom had given me the longest lecture on how i needed time to myself now..... she was right.

I needed me time. 

I sauntered over to the humongous fridge and pulled out a litre tub of ice cream; grabbed a bag of oreos from the pantry and plodded myself back down 

at the bench infront of the computer. 

Twitter was my latest addiction. i usually didn't tweet much but i did spend quite a bit of time reading through my fans tweets and it warmed my heart.

the support was remarkable. 

I was quietly making my way through random pages when i found myself at a page labelled, low and behold, Emma Roberts. It was her official account. 

Her latest tweet caught my eye. 

"One month until the big day!" it read. and attached to it was a photo of herself and Nick. They were smiling and holding each other on what looked like

a beach with the sun setting in the backdrop. it looked perfect. they were the picture of happiness.

Funny how things turn out, i found myself wondering.

The last i'd seen of them was that night in stockholm, two months ago.  We hadn't gotten any wedding invitations, as Emma had once promised. 

Danielle had called once or twice, but a word on invitations had not once been said. Maybe they had decided to univite us? Oh well.

Lost in my thoughts i hadn't heard my phone vibrate beside me. I picked it up and saw the text message light blinking. 

"Hey Demi, wondering if you could lunch with me tomorrow?" It was from Danielle. 

Oh wait maybe the invitations were coming after all, i thought. 

"Sure" Send.